Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stove installation

Options
  • 25-09-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,im thinking on buying a stove to stop the draft from the open fire. I saw on the advert website that they are @280. Any idea how much will cost the installation? Also if anyone here knows someone doing this type of work I ll really appreciate a pm.
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cornee

Cost about 100--150 euro if it is straight forward

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we were quoted 1400 incl lining the chimney.
    I think it was a bit on the high side others I know paid about 800-1k.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

spring21 i know someone who does absolutely top class work and very reasonable price,where are you based?
    Send me a pm and ill put you in touch if you wish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

You can always stuff some fibreglass insulation up the flue which will greatly lessen any draft and still allow the chimney to be aerated. Leave a few big notes to say "don't light a fire as the chimney is blocked"

The outlet from a stove will have to be properly fixed to the chimney flue and not just allowed vent into the space above the fireplace.

Advertisement