Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I keep this kitten?

• 25-09-2013 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,

Looking for help with a tough decision!!

I have two cats. When I took in a second one, my first cat was not impressed at first, wouldn't stay in the same room etc (as is typical) but eventually after two weeks they started interacting and playing and now get on fine although are not exactly close as my first cat still likes her own space and doesn't cuddle up with the second one but all is fine there.

Then..... I find a kitten and take her in. I've advertised but nobody has claimed her. I'd love to keep her (she's lovely) but again my first cat is not happy. The second cat is getting on great with the new kitten as they are closer in age.

I've an offer to take the new kitten and I believe it will be a good home so I'm thinking I should give her over so that my first cat will be comfortable in her own home. She'll likely learn to get on with the new kitten, in fact she's getting closer (spatially) every day but still gets very hissey and growls at her and I just feel that out of respect for her, I shouldn't take in another.

But.... I'm wondering that maybe if I do keep the kitten, then the person who is willing to take her could give some other kitten a good home so I'm really having a tough time deciding what's best!!

Either way the new kitten will have a good home so she's lucky she was found.

I'd like to add that my first cat is only 2!

Should I keep the kitten? 4 votes

Yes - keep the kitten
    0% 0 votes
    No - give the kitten to the other good home
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

what a dilemma but either way its 1 lucky kitten do what you think is right for you with the knowledge it has a good home either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It is a tough one alright, but if you think the kitten will have a good home with the person who is offering a home it means that you might be able to take in another stray cat when one turns up, as they do. I know, we started with 1 now we have 4:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If the first cat was getting on with the kitten from the beginning would you question keeping it - if the answer is yes then I'm sure the person willing to take it wouldn't mind waiting a couple of weeks to see if it settles in with you?

Advertisement