Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS7..........Disappointed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

quad_red wrote: »
    Since last Thursday. A 100% fresh install.

I used the phone on the train this morning for around half an hour checking the internet, emails.

I was on a 12 minute phone call at around half ten.

And my battery is now on 42%.

The only thing pinging in notifications is whatsapp. I turned off auto brightness, turned off background apps updates, turned off 3d/parallax, disabled email pushing and the only apps that are pumping notifications are whatsapp and any.do.

(and even then the number of whatsapp messages coming through is limited).

ps. I did the update to 7.0.2 OTA and it appears to have made the situation worse.

That's pretty bad indeed. Give it a couple more days and see what happens. Battery life that bad isn't normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Yeah my ipad battery is going down noticeably faster too. I've disabled as many features as I can think of but no joy.

Have not yet risked the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I like it a lot in functionality and I could never go back as it improves in every single way, I just really dislike the ugly icons, their inconsistency and their gaudy brightness on the home screen, as well as the big grey block at the bottom.

If they fixed all that, which they won't, I'd love it. It's grand though, nothing you won't get over, but I expected better on the icon design front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I like it a lot in functionality and I could never go back as it improves in every single way, I just really dislike the ugly icons, their inconsistency and their gaudy brightness on the home screen, as well as the big grey block at the bottom.

If they fixed all that, which they won't, I'd love it. It's grand though, nothing you won't get over, but I expected better on the icon design front.

Well the gaudiness can be improved with a darker background but the icons will always be there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I like everything that iOS7 brought, apart from Calendar, they made a right pig's ear of that. I'm using Tempo now, which is very, very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Zcott wrote: »
    Some people have reported terrible battery life for a few days and then it settles down, for some reason. How long have you had it installed?

Also, was it a fresh install? Sometimes upgrading from previous versions of iOS can result in battery drain.

Agreed. Battery life, particularly on a new device, will take several charges to fully get up to speed.

For my part, I have noticed nothing but excellent and improved battery life across a range of devices.

Since your post and that of the previous poster, I deliberately made a note of my iPad* that I am currently on. I've been on the Enterprise now for two hours, left Central with 97% and have now just hit 80% after constant usage on a fast-moving train which is often detrimental to battery life owing to constant cellular handover.

Happy out.

* iPhone 5s is not faring half so well, having dropped to 75% from the same 97% in the same time with minimal use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Since last Thursday. A 100% fresh install.

I used the phone on the train this morning for around half an hour checking the internet, emails.

I was on a 12 minute phone call at around half ten.

And my battery is now on 42%.

The only thing pinging in notifications is whatsapp. I turned off auto brightness, turned off background apps updates, turned off 3d/parallax, disabled email pushing and the only apps that are pumping notifications are whatsapp and any.do.

(and even then the number of whatsapp messages coming through is limited).

ps. I did the update to 7.0.2 OTA and it appears to have made the situation worse.

This is ridiculous. Three calls since - 14 minutes, 8 minutes and 9 minutes. Answered a few whatsapp messages. No emails. No facebook. No music and no net surfing.

Battery now at 19%. Will do another reset and restore tonight. Pathetic.

And unlike the previous poster, I'm stationary. Sitting in an office by a window with strong coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Have people turned off Location Services for everything except what's absolutely necessary? I noticed the purple triangle constantly in my status bar, so I went in and disabled it for almost everything except Maps.

Also just discovered that even after multiple restarts I can't use the iTunes Store or App Store.

When I click the icon it begins to open the app then a low res version of the icon fills the screen and it crashes.

I've never experienced this on an iOS device. After bad experiences with a buggy as hell Sony Arc S and a mediocre HTC Desire I always sort of understood I was willing to pay the premium on apple products mainly for their reliability.

My iPhone 3, 3GS and 4 never experienced these issues.

Since December I've had one iPhone 5 replaced on warranty (volume buttons failed), noticeably more failed calls on this handset and now this.

I am not impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Anyone else having wifi issues regards ios7? Have it on my ipad2, keeps dropping the wifi connection when my s3 has max bars????

Needs to be completley reset too in order to get the connection back....

• Advertisement

A total wipe and restore has sorted out most of the problems I was having with ios7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭ma88

i turned off many app (even was better to be useful),but battery still dying very quick,ios 7 on iphone 5 is really battery thirsty:((

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I installed it on my 4s and don't mind the new look to be honest. Only real positives I think are the way it is easier to turn on/off wifi and bluetooth.

Only 2 issues that I have are that the phone seems much more sluggish now not just in 3rd party apps but in screen with recently dialed numbers etc takes a couple of seconds to update.

Also don't like the new picture viewer. When using 2 fingers to shrink an image it always closes back to the thumbnail view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Just put it on my iPad today, I love it! Working perfectly for me and it looks the business.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You tube embedded videos crash the safari browser on my iPhone and iPad since the update. That's the only problem for me so far.

Some handy tips up here for iOS7. Being able to see month view in Calendar being a handy one for me.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/tips/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

kceire wrote: »
    You tube embedded videos crash the safari browser on my iPhone and iPad since the update. That's the only problem for me so far.

I've had a few safari crashes since the update. Random. Never ever remember safari crashing before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Does anyone notice an annoying lag when answering a call ? I answer the phone say hello but the caller doesn't hear my greeting , it's like I answer before they can hear me .. I end up say up saying hello a second time but they didn't hear the first greeting !!! Have to re train in answering the phone and waiting a second before saying hello

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Does anyone notice an annoying lag when answering a call ? I answer the phone say hello but the caller doesn't hear my greeting , it's like I answer before they can hear me .. I end up say up saying hello a second time but they didn't hear the first greeting !!! Have to re train in answering the phone and waiting a second before saying hello

Have the same issue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Performance on 3rd gen iPad is horrible. Safari and Chrome are so slow I tend to use my phone first now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

I have it and find it just ok, haven't really delved into it yet. But Calendar has definitely disimproved. To set a new event I used to just touch the date and then the plus sign, and enter it. Now I can't do that. Also far as I can see I can't just touch a day or date and bring it up larger. And the print is so small.

Also what's the story with radio in iTunes? I can't find it. Is it only available in US? If so how come I van get it on iTunes on laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I just use Siri. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭grizzlyadams

johnsds wrote: »
    Anybody else feel disappointed overall with iOS7? I have an iPhone 4 and I think it has taken a step back in looks and speed, iOS 6.1.3 was pretty much excellent, on this newer version I find everything is slow.

Anybody else feel the same??

You're not alone , bit disappointed also with it on iPhone 4

I've an iphone 5 and there are perceptible delays in allot of apps now that weren't there before.

Slide to unlock and you have to wait a second before entering the pin. That wasn't there in ios 6.

That delay when answering calls is there.

And I have a longer delay when starting a music track as well. Varies but can be up to 3 seconds from when the play button is pressed. That is really irritating when it wasn't there before.

I've an iphone 5 and there are perceptible delays in allot of apps now that weren't there before.

Slide to unlock and you have to wait a second before entering the pin. That wasn't there in ios 6.

That delay when answering calls is there.

And I have a longer delay when starting a music track as well. Varies but can be up to 3 seconds from when the play button is pressed. That is really irritating when it wasn't there before.

I have exactly the same on the iphone 4s. also when you hang up a call and go to ring another person from your recent calls it takes about 2-3 seconds for the last call to appear

hawthorn wrote: »
    I have it and find it just ok, haven't really delved into it yet. But Calendar has definitely disimproved. To set a new event I used to just touch the date and then the plus sign, and enter it. Now I can't do that.

I'm a bit confused by this - this is exactly how I use Calendar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Installed 48 hours ago on Iphone4..

Functionally i think its nice although the icons appear childish, but ill get used to that...

Battery is a major problem...

From 9am to 2pm my battery went from 100% to dead ! On IOS6 I was getting a full day and a little more..

If anyone could post a list of things to check/disable it would be great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

bbam wrote: »
    Installed 48 hours ago on Iphone4..

Functionally i think its nice although the icons appear childish, but ill get used to that...

Battery is a major problem...

From 9am to 2pm my battery went from 100% to dead ! On IOS6 I was getting a full day and a little more..

If anyone could post a list of things to check/disable it would be great...

Disable background app refresh and most system services in location settings unless you use them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

guil wrote: »
    Disable background app refresh and most system services in location settings unless you use them

Thanks..
    Definitely better than yesterday, but not as good as IOS6..
    If there's anything else anyone can suggest as I'm often away from a charge point all day :(

• Advertisement

bbam wrote: »
    Thanks..
    Definitely better than yesterday, but not as good as IOS6..
    If there's anything else anyone can suggest as I'm often away from a charge point all day :(

Turn off bluetooth and wifi when not using them.

Advertisement