Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS7..........Disappointed.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

whiterebel wrote: »
    I like everything that iOS7 brought, apart from Calendar, they made a right pig's ear of that. I'm using Tempo now, which is very, very good.

I'm the same, the new calendar is a disaster and its something i would use every day.

Might try Tempo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I had terrible battery issues yesterday while roaming in Dublin. While iOS 7 has been more than kind to my older devices, battery life has not been great on my new 5s and never worse than when roaming. Typically, it was plummeting at 10% every 5 minutes yesterday and returned to better performance when entering Newry.

As a result I wiped it last night and did a fresh install, adding need-to-have apps only. I allowed the battery to drain on standby and once dead, charged it up again to 100%, unplugging it in the early hours.

It's now been on standby for the past 11h and 18m and has dropped 2% in all that time.

Hopefully, that's cured it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Still a lot of bugs in the latest update. The email notifications bug me. I read the email and I still have the unread notification for a while.

Today the clock and bars completely disappeared from my home screen. Little things like this, I hope are fixed soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Still a lot of bugs in the latest update. The email notifications bug me. I read the email and I still have the unread notification for a while.

I'm having the opposite bug with mail - it'll ding but there be no other alerts telling I have a mail, despite all the notification preferences being ticked.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My only issue with iOS7 now is that my mail icon will show i unread mail, but there is nothing there.

After 30 mins give or take then it disappears or a new mail appears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Have to say I'm not a huge fan of IOS7. Safari and other apps crashing regularly. Can't access the iTunes Store via the app. In the mail app I can't click or open links contained in emails which is a major pain. Am I missing something here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

veetwin wrote: »
    Have to say I'm not a huge fan of IOS7. Safari and other apps crashing regularly. Can't access the iTunes Store via the app. In the mail app I can't click or open links contained in emails which is a major pain. Am I missing something here?
    Have you tried restarting the phone? Press and hold the sleep and he button until an apple appears on screen. Failing that restore as a new phone.

Have to say though that genuinely I'm not having any of the problems you describe. Someone else said safari crashes with embedded YouTube vids but it's working fine for me as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Restarting the iPad definitely improved things. Thanks guil.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

Overall I like iOS 7 but I have a problem with the App store. It keeps telling me that I have the wrong region/country set (it comes up as US). I go in to the settings for my Apple ID and it is set to Ireland but the problem persists. The only way to get rid of it is to change to a different country and then back to Ireland and it works fine for a while and then the problem pops up again. Help please, it's driving me crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

wuzziwig wrote: »
    Overall I like iOS 7 but I have a problem with the App store. It keeps telling me that I have the wrong region/country set (it comes up as US). I go in to the settings for my Apple ID and it is set to Ireland but the problem persists. The only way to get rid of it is to change to a different country and then back to Ireland and it works fine for a while and then the problem pops up again. Help please, it's driving me crazy.

I use this link when that happens: http://appstoreswitch.com

It doesn't seem to switch back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I use this link when that happens: http://appstoreswitch.com

It doesn't seem to switch back.

Thanks for that Username. I'll try it the next time I get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Is anyone else having problems with the YouTube app since ios7?
    In fact even YouTube videos watched from Safari.
    The audio is fine but the video is very jumpy and damn near unwatchable.
    Using iphone 4. Very irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

That's a connection issue. Are you using wifi or mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

I actually love the new OS.. have it loaded on my iPhone and iPad since day one. I should say it did take some getting used to, but now I can't imagine going back to iOS 6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

guil wrote: »
    That's a connection issue. Are you using wifi or mobile

Wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Has anybody had a problem going from one app to another say settings to safari and it leaves a shadow of the home screen just for a split second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Oh and I am happy with iOS 7 apart from calendar which they made a balls of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Ok, so I've used it for a few more weeks now.

And my main problem is still the reduction in responsiveness.

Eg. Ok iOS 6 I would quit an app using the home button and then pull right to access search.

This would be instantaneous. It's no longer instantaneous. It can take 2/3 swipes from the top to get it.

Similarly - entering the passcode. There is a perceptible delay.

Now - this is a small margin. But it irritates me cos it wasn't there before. My phone responded instantly and this very low latency to user input is one of the reasons I loved my iPhone 5.

I would downgrade to iOS 6 if I had the option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

quad_red wrote: »
    Ok, so I've used it for a few more weeks now.

And my main problem is still the reduction in responsiveness.

Eg. Ok iOS 6 I would quit an app using the home button and then pull right to access search.

This would be instantaneous. It's no longer instantaneous. It can take 2/3 swipes from the top to get it.

Similarly - entering the passcode. There is a perceptible delay.

Now - this is a small margin. But it irritates me cos it wasn't there before. My phone responded instantly and this very low latency to user input is one of the reasons I loved my iPhone 5.

I would downgrade to iOS 6 if I had the option.
    you do know to access search you can drag down from anywhere

shanec1928 wrote: »
    you do know to access search you can drag down from anywhere

I know :)

But what I'm trying to illustrate is a sluggishness that wasn't there before.

Also, notifications are slow to update and change. If I get a text, read the text, then go back to the homepage, the 'new text' numbers remains over the text icon for a few seconds.

I can never remember that happening with iOS 6.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

quad_red wrote: »
    I know :)

But what I'm trying to illustrate is a sluggishness that wasn't there before.

Also, notifications are slow to update and change. If I get a text, read the text, then go back to the homepage, the 'new text' numbers remains over the text icon for a few seconds.

I can never remember that happening with iOS 6.

Have you tried restoring as a new phone? I haven't had these issues with my iPhone 5, nor have any of my friends.

Overrall, i'm very happy with iOS 7. There is a definite drop in battery life, but it isn't drastic. I haven't restored as a new phone either, which my resolve this

BDJW wrote: »
    Have you tried restoring as a new phone? I haven't had these issues with my iPhone 5, nor have any of my friends.

Overrall, i'm very happy with iOS 7. There is a definite drop in battery life, but it isn't drastic. I haven't restored as a new phone either, which my resolve this

Numerous times (and they appeared to have sorted out the bleak battery life issue).

The mrs sent me a text a few minutes ago. Notification at the top of the screen came in while I was in safari. Pulled notifications down, no sign of more details of the text.

Opened the text app... nothing.

Took around 5 seconds for the new message to show. I'm not sure is that iOS or iMessage but that didn't happen in iOS6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

BDJW wrote: »

No such issues here either. Nor battery issues.

Advertisement