Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A year out...what to do?

Options
  • 25-09-2013 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone...I'm taking a year out in January to travel, ultimately I want to get to Australia but not entirely sure where either. I would like to go via Asia and come back via the states...I am travelling by myself. I would love to hear from people about their experiences especially those who travelled by themselves! Also, would anyone rate USIT over SAYIT or via versa? Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

First up South East Asia is cheap and better value. Australia is big and expensive.

If I were doing a year out again I'd skip australia but do New zealand instead and just spend more time in SE asia. I spent as much cash travelling australia in three weeks than I did in six months in SE Asia, and that was when the Aus$ was weaker!

Traveling the backpacker trail in SE asia is very straightforward, loads do it solo and you keep bumping into the same people along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 vivir00

Obviously Australia is going to be more expensive in SA Asia but the experience is just as good if not better. Go to trailfinders and see if they have any deals. I went Dublin-Thailand-Singapore-Australia-New Zealand-Fiji-USA-Mexico-Dublin. All to be done in a year and it was brilliant, hard to manage but well worth it, one thing i would change is i would go the other way so when money is low you are in the cheaper countries

Advertisement