Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Garda Reference from Australia

Options
  • 25-09-2013 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Been looking at the FAQ regarding the IEC on the official website and of course it doesn't answer this question, bit of a funny one...

I was applying for the IEC last year (2013) and sent off to get an Australian 'garda' reference as I lived there for a year in 2007. However I changed my mind and went to Asia instead.

My question is, do I need to send away and get another one as I'm planning on hopefully getting to Canada next year when the visas are released in January or will the one I have already be sufficient, I obviously haven't lived there since...?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭oceanstreet

Trust me to be stuck with a question no one knows the answer to, typical arkward buggar...or maybe i'll just blame the Canadians for not trusting our good character ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

You can apply for an Australian police check online. It's probably worth it just to go ahead and get a new one. Imagine how annoyed you'll be if you missed out on a visa purely for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

From what i remember from people asking on this years visa was, anyone who stayed in another country for more than 3 months (could of been 6) needed to have a police report from that country. It must be in date by 3 months of applying for the IEC visa!

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭oceanstreet

Cheers guys, might as well get in just in case. Canada better be worth it for all this hassle!

Advertisement