Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Corn Syrup & Clear Flavouring Extract?

Options
  • 26-09-2013 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get light corn syrup and clear flavouring extract?

I've read that golden syrup is a good substitute for the corn syrup but it won't work for my recipe as the mix needs to be clear, and then blue at the very end from blue food colouring.

I'm in Cork city, I need them before Saturday so ordering online is not an option.

Any ideas? :confused:

Edit: Sorry mods, wasn't aware my other thread was moved to the Cork forum, so please merge or move back to Cookery if needs be!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

http://www.americanfood.ie/syrupstoppings/ this crowd maybe able to get it to you by Saturday. They supply a shop in Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Thanks but it would be more than €15 including delivery for the corn syrup alone. Way out of my price range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What are you trying to make nicole? If you post recipe we can suggest alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

It's ok, I got glucose syrup as a substitute for corn syrup and I found a shop in town that does food colouring paste! Sorted! Cheers all :D

Advertisement