Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package billing and speed

Options
  • 26-09-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently on the unlimited 24mb package and I'm paying €59.99 P/M, but in your website it says that the same package is actually cheaper now and it's €50.00 P/M. 

So my question is;
    Why do I still have to keep paying the €59.99 when others are paying €50.00. I hear some people are even getting upgraded for free from your 8MB package which is no longer available as I see and pay the same amount they paid for their old package.

EDIT:
    Also, my allocated speed has gone down on the router and I'm getting more than 7dB noise margin. Can you please calculate the highest speed possible that will give a 6dB noise margin once connected. Thanks.

Regards,
    Kris.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

thret wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently on the unlimited 24mb package and I'm paying €59.99 P/M, but in your website it says that the same package is actually cheaper now and it's €50.00 P/M. 

So my question is;
    Why do I still have to keep paying the €59.99 when others are paying €50.00. I hear some people are even getting upgraded for free from your 8MB package which is no longer available as I see and pay the same amount they paid for their old package.

EDIT:
    Also, my allocated speed has gone down on the router and I'm getting more than 7dB noise margin. Can you please calculate the highest speed possible that will give a 6dB noise margin once connected. Thanks.

Regards,
    Kris.
    Hi thret

Can you PM me with your eircom account number so I can look into your current package and speeds please.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Hi,

So my question is;

EDIT:

Regards,
    Kris.
    Hi thret

Can you PM me with your eircom account number so I can look into your current package and speeds please.

Thanks, Mark

Hi mark

You should have my account number from my previous queries, however I have pm'd you with my account number again

Thanks, kris

Hi,

So my question is;

EDIT:

Regards,
    Kris.
    Hi thret

Thanks, Mark

Hi mark

You should have my account number from my previous queries, however I have pm'd you with my account number again

Thanks, kris
    Hi,

I got your details thanks. The max speed available on the line is 15MB (download)

Which is the current speed / profile set to the main socket.

Synced at: 15137kbps
    Provisioned: 2048-15360kbps

There has been no change that would affect the noise margin? In relation to your current price compared to some promotional offers available. You did receive a six month promotional discount when you signed up to eircom.

However there are always new promotions running if you want to call sales on 1800 503 303 (option 2) to go through them.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Hi,

So my question is;

EDIT:

Regards,
    Kris.
    Hi thret

Thanks, Mark

Hi mark

Thanks, kris
    Hi,

I got your details thanks. The max speed available on the line is 15MB (download)

There has been no change that would affect the noise margin? In relation to your current price compared to some promotional offers available. You did receive a six month promotional discount when you signed up to eircom.

However there are always new promotions running if you want to call sales on 1800 503 303 (option 2) to go through them.

Thanks, Mark

Hi 

I have checked now and noticed that the speed is back to normal as opposed to when I checked yesterday evening it was synced at 13mbps.

I understand that I had discount for the six months which was €10 off, but thereafter I had to pay €59.99, however new customers get the same package cheaper? It kind of doesn't make any sense to me. I think the customers that have been with eircom before should get discounts prior to new customers. I just don't understand why new customers don't have to pay the same price as the existing ones. If lower the price for a package, should be lowered for existing customers too.

Thanks, Kris

Hi,

So my question is;

EDIT:

Regards,
    Kris.
    Hi thret

Thanks, Mark

Hi mark

Thanks, kris
    Hi,

Thanks, Mark

Hi 

I have checked now and noticed that the speed is back to normal as opposed to when I checked yesterday evening it was synced at 13mbps.

I understand that I had discount for the six months which was €10 off, but thereafter I had to pay €59.99, however new customers get the same package cheaper? It kind of doesn't make any sense to me. I think the customers that have been with eircom before should get discounts prior to new customers. I just don't understand why new customers don't have to pay the same price as the existing ones. If lower the price for a package, should be lowered for existing customers too.

Thanks, Kris
    Hi thret

I spoke to the service team on 1800 242 633. They asked if it would be possible to call them so they can check if the bundle applied on your account is correct.

Let me know how the call goes.

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement