Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barber

Options
  • 26-09-2013 3:32am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

What's the current state of barbering in cork then? Need a bazzer on Friday. Are Karisma any good?

Location ideally city centre with parking nearby, or southside.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I use Ali Barbers next to the South County in Douglas, find them great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

murphym7 wrote: »

me too, I think they are very good and offer good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

me too, I think they are very good and offer good value for money.

Are they cheaper than Karisma ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

I think "more affordable" might be a better phrase. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't want Ryanair cutting my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sunhill

rovoagho wrote: »
    I think "more affordable" might be a better phrase. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't want Ryanair cutting my hair.

Reminds me of a hairdressing salon I saw in Graiguenamanagh a few years back called 'Ryanhair'. Don't know if it's still there or not.icon10.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I used live near one called British Hairways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Faith wrote: »
    I used live near one called British Hairways :D

"Curl up and dye"

"The baldy barber"

"Hair today gone tomorrow" a pop up shop !

"Dyeit"

Names I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

murphym7 wrote: »

They've just opened one in town too on Washington Street just beyond the courthouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lemonado

Wish I had come to this forum sooner. Stay clear of Golden Scissors. I went there and the wild man that is Robert with the dreads cut my hair. He didn't listen to what I wanted whatsoever. He cut at will to what he wanted not what I asked for. He then asked for 18 euro even though it is advertised for 10.
    I will try this Barbeari Franco place that has been recommended on another forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My husband uses Kai Barbers in St Lukes. They've got shops over the Southside though, but the only one I can remember is the one at Dennehy's Cross on your way to Wilton.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats the grafton barbers like?

Advertisement