Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heidenfeld 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 prey

Kilkenny 5½-2½ Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭caissa007

Close at bottom:
    St. Benildus 14
    Naomh Barróg 13.5
    Bray/Greystones 13.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Ciaran

prey wrote: »
    Kilkenny 5½-2½ Bray

Thank you Kilkenny. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Indeed!

So you can compare how we've done compared to Bray where we've played the same opponent -

Bray v Benildus
    v Elm Mount - 1½ v 2
    v Kilkenny - 2½ v 3½
    v Lucan - 2 v 4
    v each other - 4½-3½

So Bray 10½ against 13 for Benildus. That's encouraging! The only other game played - as Bray have our fixtures one round behind - is us losing 7-1 to Rathmines A while Bray lost 5-3 to Malahide.

If you compare us against Naomh Barróg, you get 8½ apiece from three games, while comparing Bray against Naomh Barróg gives you 6-4½.

Lucan could still get dragged into things though. Kilkenny are having a superb season and though on paper they should be down the bottom, they do seem fairly safe, though there's a long way to go yet.

Naomh Barróg 4 Rathmines B 4

Wow.

Naomh Barróg really are punching way above their weight all season. Is there a chance they could even stay up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Irish Warrior

Great result for Naomh Barróg.

As the table is (without the above score and them 12th) they still have to play 10th and 11th at the end of the season.

If they could stay in touch until then, it would be a close thing to call.

Benildus 4½-2½ Phibsboro with one game to take place on Monday.

Over to Bray now!

Good result St Benildus. Phibsboro might not be out of the woods yet!!

• Advertisement

Phibsboro play Bray, Lucan and Kilkenny next. They should pick up a solid helping of points there. I'd say they'll be grand. But a couple of 5-3 defeats and they could very easily be caught alright.

I'm sure you're right but a repeat of their 7-1 loss to Drogheda wouldn't do anything for their nerves :-)

True!

Have to say, I find it amazing that most (I think) chess leagues operate on a match points basis rather than a games points basis. The latter is far more exciting for exactly the reason you've just posted. Even our game now on Monday isn't a dead game because of the points system. Can never understand why match points is so common.

Inchicore 4 - 4 Elm Mount

Drogheda 4.5 Malahide 3.5

Benildus 5-3 Phibsboro is a final result.

• Advertisement

Rathmines A 6½-1½ Bray

Bray had a couple of new players apparently. But they're now four points behind us in tenth, and 2½ behind Naomh Barrog.

Inchicore 5½ - 2½ Naomh Barróg

Any word on
    Rath B v Malahide and
    Phibsboro v Bray/Greystones ?

Rathmines B beat Malahide 5-3 per their twitter (link from their website)

Bray v Phibsboro is a very big game at the bottom; I suppose a big Phibsboro win is the best from our (Benildus') point of view, though we'd almost caught them after beating them earlier this month.

Thanks for update. You've some big matches coming up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 cathalobrien

Does anyone keep track of the world events?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Does anyone keep track of the world events?
    This subforum is relatively new. It's proven very useful for Leinster leagues updates, but by no means is it reserved for that. If you'd like to discuss a major international event, I'd encourage you to start a thread and see what kind of interest you get.

Anyone know how Phibsboro v Bray/Greystones went?

Rathmines A 6½-1½ Lucan per their twitter. If Drogheda score 5 or less against us at the weekend, Rathmines will have a 9-point gap back to third with four games to go, so they're looking fairly nailed on for promotion now.

Lucan 6-2 Kilkenny, as the league table updates.

Really looking like it's just the bottom four in contention for relegation now. Phibsboro end with Rathmines A and Elm Mount, so if they're not well clear by round 9, they could still get dragged into things.

Drogheda v st benildus a big game now

Not particularly. They're all big games, for the four of us, for the rest of the season.

Had hoped Lucan would get dragged into it; Kilkenny have been overachieving all season, and it just so happens that they slipped up in an unfortunate time for us (and the other three). Doesn't really change a huge amount.

Naomh Barróg found a new 1600 player in the last round; Bray added a 1600 and a 1500. That'll make things interesting!

Also, there's still one game remaining in Bray v Phibsboro, which is why the game wasn't included in the update. Result isn't in yet.

caissa007 wrote: »
    Drogheda v st benildus a big game now
    4-4. Excellent result for Benildus.

• Advertisement

mikhail wrote: »
    4-4. Excellent result for Benildus.

Yeah big result for benildus. A couple more and they'll be safe

Do you know by any chance Phibsboro v Bray result excluding one outstanding game?

Nope, sorry. I suspect it hadn't been submitted, pending the playing of the postponed game.

Presumably it's been submitted since (I'd imagine it was played last Thursday) so it should be updated shortly.

If nothing else, someone in Bunratty will have to have known how it went.

Several teams have had points deducted for having unregistered players. This turns league into a total farce ............... Phibsboro, Lucan & St. Benildus showing zero points each

Points will be returned when players are registered. Happens every year, but see my comment in the Armstrong thread on maybe telling clubs...

More important is that Bray lost 7-1 to Phibsboro. Long, long way back for them now. Seven points behind Benildus with four games to go.

Thanks for that. I didnt know it was an annual event :-) Phibsboro look safe now but yeah Bray/Greystones need those points not to be returned to the other teams :-)

Yep. Makes sense - it's the only way of forcing people to pay ICU fees. The aim of the game is to get the fees paid, not to screw clubs over, so the points will be returned in most cases. I've just paid all our fees now, for example (and the club is out of pocket until the players concerned cough up their club fees, which is why it's so annoying that no advance notice was given). But it has happened that teams have been relegated for not paying fees.

I actually think a similar deduction should apply for those who haven't paid LCU fees too actually (with an initial notice obviously). I think the rate of payment is very high, but there's no reminders sent to people and it'd be easy to forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭flipsake

I heard Elm Mount were 5-1 up against Kilkenny at the weekend. Inchicore beat Malahide 4.5 to 3.5 last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Past sell by Date

elmount 6.5 kilkenny 1.5

• Advertisement

Benildus 4½-2½ Rathmines B

Final game in Rathmines on Thursday

Starting to look good for us. :)

Yeah huge result for you guys. Rathmines B are a strong team. Bray & Naomh Barróg in serious trouble now

Drogheda 4.5 v 3.5 Bray Greystones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Past sell by Date

ElmMount 5 Naomh Barrog 3

How on earth do Naomh Barróg keep doing that?!

cdeb wrote: »
    How on earth do Naomh Barróg keep doing that?!
    I presume some of their players are underrated.

• Advertisement

I don't know; they're generally established players afaik.

Was talking to them at the start of the season (was out with the Bodley) and they were saying they were thinking about opting for relegation when a few players left, but then decided that the worst that would happen this year was relegation, so they'd stick with it. Now they're about 6 points ahead of their expected score, which is the difference between being out of sight at the bottom and very much in our (and Phibsboro's) rear-view mirror!

Worth noting that while Naomh Barróg finish the season with games against the other bottom two (us and Bray), Phibsboro finish with games against Rathmines A and Elm Mount.

Any word on Phibsboro v Lucan?

Inchicore 3½-4½ Benildus

Well done. You guys must be safe now. Is it more or less decided that Bray/Naomh Barrog are going down?

Looks it at this stage. Though we're playing Naomh Barróg yet and a bad result could easily put us in the mix on the final day (when NB play Bray)

But a win would leave us almost mathematically safe on the final day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement