Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea (Home) - 28-09-13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

yea both mancs lost.. ha ha .. now up to Swansea to work their magic and their old nemesis, Michu, is bang in form :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Is it too early to text mind the gap to my brother whos a Utd fan? :pac:

never :D ill be texting BOTH my ManU brothers:cool:

thanks for inspiring me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

I won't be texting my son. But then again, I have him well trained (maybe not that well - he is a Man U fan after all!) and he never taunts me when Spurs lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can see united free fall if their not careful you know. They'll turn on Moyes big time if they loose any of the next three.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

ziedth wrote: »
    I can see united free fall if their not careful you know. They'll turn on Moyes big time if they loose any of the next three.

I'd say they're already turning on him. Being cynical, I think he may be the "transition guy" chosen to succeed Ferguson so that when they bring the next guy in he will be hailed as a saviour and won't have to suffer from constantly being compared to Fergie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

abff wrote: »
    I'd say they're already turning on him. Being cynical, I think he may be the "transition guy" chosen to succeed Ferguson so that when they bring the next guy in he will be hailed as a saviour and won't have to suffer from constantly being compared to Fergie.

Don't rule out a Fergie return, he's the favorite to be their next manager in the bookies

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Don't rule out a Fergie return, he's the favorite to be their next manager in the bookies

ha :P ok :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Thoughts on the second half? Granted the point turned out a very good one considering the other results but we were really opened up in that second half. Worrying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

A fair result, but Maybe Terry should have been sent off, thats according to Radio 5 Live

am happy as well that we have only let in 2 goals so far

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭larry1

Eriksen was awesome in the first half..so much potential in this guy.

PS This is the only time I heard or saw the Y word mentioned today. Walking back up the High Road ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

To be fair. Its hard to look beyond Mourinho in terms of tactics. He made a great change at half time.

We've had the rub of the green with Torres sending off and the injury time goal last week, long may it continue.

Siggy is knocking them in. Have had Paulinho and Erickson in my FF team till now but I can't leave the man out any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Thoughts on the second half? Granted the point turned out a very good one considering the other results but we were really opened up in that second half. Worrying?

Very disappointed with the performance. Eriksen, Soldado and to an extent Paulinho were very poor, but before I lambast them they won't have played a game with that intensity before now and I think this is the match I've seen the new recruits struggle the most. With this in mind, a point is a good result.

The good thing is that Mata will now start (you'd imagine) for Chelsea, which increases the likelihood of them taking points off our rivals!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No surprise that the new lads have struggled in both derbies.

Hopefully they'll be ready and raring for the return games after Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

The second half was disgraceful in my opinion. The first half we were awesome but then we faded. just like against tromso and villa

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

So we have the usual un satisfied spurs fans who expect top class performances, goals, and a win every week. As a spurs fan for over 45 years, this is simply the most satisfying start that I can recall ever. To concede just 2 goals in all matches is something even the most optimistic of us would never have imagined, never mind seen. There is still adjusting for some new players and with this in mind , how can any of ye be in any way disappointed with yesterday. We cannot dominate every game for 90 mins. Get over the game and let's move on to the next one. Don't forget it was on the back of 3 games in a short time. The 2 goals we have conceded were both defensive errors so teams are not getting many chances against us. The future is white...lillywhite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

I was sitting in the section close to the away fans yday and the venom and bitterness of the chelski fans was unreal...they really are a horrible club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

PVincent wrote: »
    So we have the usual un satisfied spurs fans who expect top class performances, goals, and a win every week. As a spurs fan for over 45 years, this is simply the most satisfying start that I can recall ever. To concede just 2 goals in all matches is something even the most optimistic of us would never have imagined, never mind seen. There is still adjusting for some new players and with this in mind , how can any of ye be in any way disappointed with yesterday. We cannot dominate every game for 90 mins. Get over the game and let's move on to the next one. Don't forget it was on the back of 3 games in a short time. The 2 goals we have conceded were both defensive errors so teams are not getting many chances against us. The future is white...lillywhite

I'm not so much disappointed by the result, more the performance. We were completely outclassed in the 2nd half, to the point that our key creative players were totally isolated. I also realise that our key creative players still need time to bed in, so although I felt we could have done better yesterday I'm very hopeful things will keep getting better, even if this has been a fantastic start to the season.

Our mistake yesterday was not bringing on Sandro to steady the ship before they scored, because they looked certain they were going to. AVB saw that and was instructing him, but then they scored, not sure why he didn't go ahead with the change anyway. In the first half we sat deep, giving them less chance to catch us on the break, second half we went back to the high line which played right into their hands. It was Chelseas change in tactics that caught us, not Eriksen or Soldado's fault, they pulled Ramires back to nullify Eriksen and put Mata on the right, we should have seen what they did and adjusted to suit, this is what being a master tactician is all about, Mourinho read the game and adjusted. A draw was a great result, we usually lose this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Second half performance was disappointing but a draw was good result for is. We were lucky Torres was sent off, he was having a great game up until that point.

Sandro should have been brought on for Paulinho and Dembele pushed further forward. Townsend was having a good game before being subbed. Should have left Townsend on a brought Lamela on for Siggy, not Chadli.

Happy with a point, the league is about beating all of the lesser teams. Up next we have West Ham, Villa, Hull, Everton & Newcastle, 15pts please Andre!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

We had two good chances in the first half to put the game to bed, we don't posses that killer instinct...yet. Soldado needs to start finding the back of the net.

West Ham a week from today, can't wait.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    We had two good chances in the first half to put the game to bed, we don't posses that killer instinct...yet. Soldado needs to start finding the back of the net.

Although Soldado isn't finding the net he is causing CBs trouble pulling their defense out of shape and making space for Siggy. His work rate has been impressive, he's also a team player and has no problem passing unlike Defoe who shoots everytime he gets the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

273735.JPG

273736.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

PVincent wrote: »

I hear what your saying and mostly agree with you. When you accept that we have a better squad and are playing at a higher level now than anything in most of our memory, things are different. We are allowed to have an opinion and yes even show our dis-satisfaction. The higher we go, the more we expect and crave. I myself was happy with a draw yesterday but we are still entitled to a little moan no matter how high we go, its the way of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Indeed!

You're logic is flawed though mate, Townsend's best performance was against Dinamo Tblisi:eek: Lamela offers more.

All that said, isn't it great to have such a strong squad where we could have players like Dembele, Lamela, Holtby & Defoe on the bench. Incredible times.

Flawed :D the managers tactics must be flawed too so ;) sure Townsend has probably been our most impressive player this season.

poor 2nd half, little disappointed with just 1pt tbh after the first half performance but as someone said, it's about beating the average sides now.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Flawed :D the managers tactics must be flawed too so ;) sure Townsend has probably been our most impressive player this season.

Hold my hands up on that one, you got me!:P:P Townsend had a good game, took on and beat a lot of players.

That said, tactically AVB got undone by Mourinho yesterday. At half time he dropped Mata in front of our back four and stuck Ramires in front of his. I thought AVB should have dropped Sandro in front of our back four and withdrew off the pace Paulinho. Removing Townsend for Chadli wasn't a very inspired decision.

As much as I dislike Chelsea, I have to say Lampard seems like a decent bloke, plenty of positive comments towards Townsend's future and Spurs title prospects after the game.

As for the descpicable panto villan that is Terry, 'I know what they think of me and they know what I think of them'.... He is one nasty specimen of humanity..

Yeah can't say I ever took a dislike to Lampard bar his goal scoring record against us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I really felt Townsend should have been subbed after the diving incident, it was right under AVB's nose. We really have to get diving out of the game, I think the PL/referees have really clamped down on it over the past season or two.

But I'm really happy to see Andros came out and took responsibility for his actions by apologising. Great to see.

Advertisement