Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea (Home) - 28-09-13

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He had a belter of a game in my opinion and was unlucky to come off, he didn't shoot from crazy distances which I think Chelsea were expecting. If he can keep up that form then I can't see Chadli displacing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He had a belter of a game in my opinion and was unlucky to come off, he didn't shoot from crazy distances which I think Chelsea were expecting. If he can keep up that form then I can't see Chadli displacing him.

I think Lamela will be replacing Townsend in the coming few weeks. He'll link better with Soldado and Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Hold my hands up on that one, you got me!:P:P Townsend had a good game, took on and beat a lot of players.

That said, tactically AVB got undone by Mourinho yesterday. At half time he dropped Mata in front of our back four and stuck Ramires in front of his. I thought AVB should have dropped Sandro in front of our back four and withdrew off the pace Paulinho. Removing Townsend for Chadli wasn't a very inspired decision.

Agree on the substitution, thought it was a poor one.
    I really felt Townsend should have been subbed after the diving incident, it was right under AVB's nose. We really have to get diving out of the game, I think the PL/referees have really clamped down on it over the past season or two.

But I'm really happy to see Andros came out and took responsibility for his actions by apologising. Great to see.

Subbed, seriously, bit harsh no. Did we say that when it was Bale last season ?
    I think Lamela will be replacing Townsend in the coming few weeks. He'll link better with Soldado and Eriksen.

Really, I think Townsend has been excellent so far, wouldn't even consider leaving him out at the minute.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Subbed, seriously, bit harsh no. Did we say that when it was Bale last season?

Yes. I say it every time a player cheats. I hate diving and players holding their faces on the ground when they haven't been touched. There should be serious retrospective bans. It's the only way to kick it out.

I refuse to watch Spanish football and, particularly, the Classico because of this.

Really, I think Townsend has been excellent so far, wouldn't even consider leaving him out at the minute.

Townsend has been good, but very frustrating. It's no surprise Soldado hasn't scored many - Townsend creates very little. He often lacks concentration and any kind of guile. He lacks what Lamela seems to have. It's that kind of intelligence which separates the 'Top 4' from the rest.

I'd personally prefer to see Townsend play on the left, as he'd be able to stretch defences more and then pull the ball back for the likes of Eriksen and Soldado. Though, who am I to complain about AVB's tactics so far.

Yes. I say it every time a player cheats. I hate diving and players holding their faces on the ground when they haven't been touched. There should be serious retrospective bans. It's the only way to kick it out.

I refuse to watch Spanish football and, particularly, the Classico because of this.

Townsend has been good, but very frustrating. It's no surprise Soldado hasn't scored many - Townsend creates very little. He often lacks concentration and any kind of guile. He lacks what Lamela seems to have. It's that kind of intelligence which separates the 'Top 4' from the rest.

I'd personally prefer to see Townsend play on the left, as he'd be able to stretch defences more and then pull the ball back for the likes of Eriksen and Soldado. Though, who am I to complain about AVB's tactics so far.

I don't like it either mate, but it's part of the game, and there'll always be some who will dive and cheat, every club has one or two. Sure the best player in the world has done it several times, not that it justifies it in any way.

You don't watch Barca/Real games because of the cheating :D c'mon give it over ;)

You could be right, in time maybe Lamela will take over from Townsend, but at the minute and on form, you couldn't leave townsend out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I think AVB is doing it the right way with Lamela..
    Same way he did it with Lloris.
    Letting him get comfortable with his new surroundings, language, weather, food, accomadation.. has enough sh1t to worry about and get used to, apart from living up to his huge transfer fee.
    Did anyone see Bale the other night?
    I felt he was trying way too hard to impress, kept running into players or over hitting the ball for himself to run onto...
    Cant wait to see Lamela in full flow though.

I think AVB is doing it the right way with Lamela..
    Same way he did it with Lloris.
    Letting him get comfortable with his new surroundings, language, weather, food, accomadation.. has enough sh1t to worry about and get used to, apart from living up to his huge transfer fee.
    I felt he was trying way too hard to impress, kept running into players or over hitting the ball for himself to run onto...
    Cant wait to see Lamela in full flow though.

Agree on Lamela, not a word of english either, it'll take him at least a few weeks to settle, probably won't see the best of him until later in the season I'd imagine.

Yes Bale and co struggled, watched them mid week last week and they robbed the 3 pts, scandalous stuff

You don't watch Barca/Real games because of the cheating :D c'mon give it over ;)

I seriously don't, it's too frustrating. Seeing defensive players like Pepe, Ramos and Busquets rolling around makes me sick. I have my principles.

I was a bit of a Dave Mackay in my playing days.

article-1241178-0007DBD700000258-200_468x286.jpg

I caught the very end of this match. Did you see Bale closing down the Atheltico goalkeeper and not touching him,..... the the keeper almost actually started crying as if he'd been shot or just lost his first born child to a painful disease?

It just summed up my points about La Liga above.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Townsend deserves his place either starting or coming on a as a sub, he's been excellent so far and is not just shooting on sight anymore but looking up and picking a man out. I accept that lamella will prob be a nailed on starter in a few weeks so someone else might have to make way, Chadli for me has done little so far to deserve the game time he is getting.

• Advertisement

I seriously don't, it's too frustrating. Seeing defensive players like Pepe, Ramos and Busquets rolling around makes me sick. I have my principles.

I was a bit of a Dave Mackay in my playing days.

article-1241178-0007DBD700000258-200_468x286.jpg

That's football in todays world my man, some of our own players have being doing it and still are, it ain't gonna change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

AVB has spoken out about Torres decision
    The decision not to ban Fernando Torres for scratching Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen's face is "a disgrace", says Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.
    The Football Association cannot take action as one of the match officials said he saw the incident between Chelsea striker Torres and Vertonghen, although "not in its entirety".
    "The decision is a disgrace," said Villas-Boas.
    The Portuguese also described the FA's lack of action as "almost farcical".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24371174

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

PVincent wrote: »
    So we have the usual un satisfied spurs fans who expect top class performances, goals, and a win every week.

It doesnt matter if its Chelsea or a non league team in the FA cup, when you see your team getting completely outplayed for 45 mins we are entitled to be dissatisfied! Lets face it, prior to Torres getting sent off, there was only going to be one winner and it wasnt spurs.

Advertisement