Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injury Clinic Website

Options
  • 26-09-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi folks,

A friend of mine has this website and I'm looking to help him improve it and get it higher up in the SEO rankings. He's worked miracles when I've had problems with my calves when running and it would be nice to give him a favour in return.

Could you have a look and give back some constructive feedback please?

Trig

www.gdinjuryclinic.com/

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

First comment:

The 'about Ger' and contact details are both contained in images. This is an absolute no-no unless your deliberately trying to hide some of the most relevant content from Google.

As your request specifically seeks feedback on SEO rather than look & feel/layout I won't go into the site itself other than to suggest your friend consider either purchasing a WordPress theme or getting a theme professionally developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Thanks Graham, I was thinking something similar about the photos

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mark8511

when you write blogs in the blog section hyper link your main keywords( the keywords you want to bring up your website) to the relevant pages in website.

Write regular blog posts. this way your website internal linking will improve and search ranking as well.

also put your website to free directories in Ireland and also can publish to free websites.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

mark8511 wrote: »
    also put your website to free directories in Ireland and also can publish to free websites.

That might have been good advice 7 years ago but I certainly wouldn't recommend indiscriminate inbound links anymore. At best, you're wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mark8511

Graham wrote: »
    That might have been good advice 7 years ago but I certainly wouldn't recommend indiscriminate inbound links anymore. At best, you're wasting your time.

Thanks Graham, That is true for no relevant directories, but if these are in your niche then It is worth getting link from there, as apart from link It will also bring visitors to your website.

Also this will enhance your domain authority.

Sharing on social media will also impact your Search Rankings.
    http://www.searchenginejournal.com/infographic-local-search-ranking-factors-2013/67893/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

A few more:

Have a look at your blog posts, they're all 'uncategorized' which is showing up in the url - ie. it's domainname.com/uncategorized/blog-post-title

From a visitor-engagement pov try moving some of the testimonials (or a truncated version of them, with link to full testimonial) to the homepage, there are some great testimonials from (relatively) big names there, the site visitor should see them as soon as they hit the homepage

Build up the content on the treatments page and maybe give each one its own page with a semantic url

As already mentioned, have the contact details in text, not an image, and include them on the contact page

Bold/Strong tags on relevant keywords on all pages, but don't overdo it

On the homepage lose the [Learn More] button and change it to a link that uses descriptive anchor text

Advertisement