Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

400 units of electric in 1 week?

Options
  • 26-09-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi recently moved house. Our new house is using ESB, however we were shocked to find that in one week the meter had increased by over 400 units! Surely that cannot be right. We haven't had heating on, water tank has only been on periodically and electric shower has maybe been on for a total amount of 1 hour. Other normal applicances like tv etc have been on but surely that wouldn't use 400 units either! Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

adamtj09 wrote: »
    Hi recently moved house. Our new house is using ESB, however we were shocked to find that in one week the meter had increased by over 400 units! Surely that cannot be right. We haven't had heating on, water tank has only been on periodically and electric shower has maybe been on for a total amount of 1 hour. Other normal applicances like tv etc have been on but surely that wouldn't use 400 units either! Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

:eek: surely not 440 units in one week, my use is about 4500 units per annum

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

That doesn't sound correct. Are you sure you're reading the meter correctly? The last digit is a decimal and you ignore it.

I'm a fairly heavy user with a garden office going all day with electric heat etc and we use about 150 units a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

You sure there isn't a cannabis growhouse in your attic??

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

vicwatson wrote: »
    :eek: surely not 440 units in one week, my use is about 4500 units per annum

It has gone from 119606 to 120034 in just over a week. Really strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

adamtj09 wrote: »
    It has gone from 119606 to 120034 in just over a week. Really strange!

So 43 units?

• Advertisement

Hoagy wrote: »
    That doesn't sound correct. Are you sure you're reading the meter correctly? The last digit is a decimal and you ignore it.

I'm a fairly heavy user with a garden office going all day with electric heat etc and we use about 150 units a week.

That could be it.. are all meters this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Yep.

Hoagy wrote: »
    Yep.

That is it, so it was 40 units not 400 panic over!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Advertisement