Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super slim not reading discs.

Options
  • 26-09-2013 11:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭

I got my ps3 last Christmas, it was working perfectly until the other day when it started acting up while playing GTA. The console now isn't reading any discs at all, I've examined it and there is a little bit of plastic with something like felt on it which has come out from the top right of the disc tray, it is preventing the disc from spinning, when I push that back in the disc spins fine.

Can anybody help me on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Take a pic maybe? Could it part of the 'lid-closed' mechanism?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

[img][/img]http://i.imgur.com/tehsAQO.jpg

I'm on my phone so hope that works, the bit I said is preventing the disc from spinning is in the top right corner of the disc tray. I have range Gamestop and they will replace the console but if it's something simple I'd rather keep this one and not lose all my game saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

[img][/img]http://i.imgur.com/tehsAQO.jpg

I'm on my phone so hope that works, the bit I said is preventing the disc from spinning is in the top right corner of the disc tray. I have range Gamestop and they will replace the console but if it's something simple I'd rather keep this one and not lose all my game saves.

Do you have PS+? it offers cloud storage for save games. If not, get an external HDD and back up your saves on to that.

I do have ps+. How do I save them in the cloud?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I do have ps+. How do I save them in the cloud?

Go to your game saves, press triangle - it should give you an option to save to the cloud.

• Advertisement

Ah feck sake, the Gf has no idea where she put the receipt so Gamestop won't do anything for me.

Does anybody know if something like this will be expensive to fix?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ah feck sake, the Gf has no idea where she put the receipt so Gamestop won't do anything for me.

Does anybody know if something like this will be expensive to fix?

Did you purchase with cash or CC?
    If CC, you should have a statement.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you purchase with cash or CC?
    If CC, you should have a statement.

She paid with cash :(

Was on to Sony earlier, they'll have a courier here on Monday and it'll be gone for 10 working days.

Advertisement