Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire engines in Windmill Lane

Options
  • 26-09-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why there are Fire engines in Windmill Lane?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

a possible fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

No fire at all and they are gone now. They were using their cutting equipment earlier.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

skimpydoo wrote: »
    No fire at all and they are gone now. They were using their cutting equipment earlier.
    That seems like a poor way to put out a fire but I guess it must have worked.

Does anyone know why there are Fire engines in Windmill Lane?.

I presume if you saw them using their cutting equipment then you probably know the answer yourself.

foreign wrote: »
    I presume if you saw them using their cutting equipment then you probably know the answer yourself.
    Was wondering why they needed 5 fire engines there and a Fire Marshall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

a) solely to annoy you;
    b) to give you something to post about on here; or
    c) doing their job....

Which do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

a) solely to annoy you;
    b) to give you something to post about on here; or
    c) doing their job....

Which do you reckon?

Why the aggro? He's just being curious, he's not accusing them of anything.

markpb wrote: »
    Exactly, one of the reasons I asked is because they were cutting the locks of a building that is to be demolished and rebuilt. I just wondered why it took 5 fire engines and also a fire marshall to do this. Surely a waste of resources.

Exactly, one of the reasons I asked is because they were cutting the locks of a building that is to be demolished and rebuilt. I just wondered why it took 5 fire engines and also a fire marshall to do this. Surely a waste of resources.

Dublin Fire Brigade have Pre Determined Attendances depending on the type of call. It may not be recorded as an abandoned building on their system so still gets the the original PDA. Guessing normal fire engines and a turntable/platform unit?

Dublin Fire Brigade have Pre Determined Attendances depending on the type of call. It may not be recorded as an abandoned building on their system so still gets the the original PDA. Guessing normal fire engines and a turntable/platform unit?
    Don't know how the building could be recorded as abandoned considering it was sold earlier this year. But you are spot on regarding the fire engines that were there.

• Advertisement

Exactly, one of the reasons I asked is because they were cutting the locks of a building that is to be demolished and rebuilt..

I was saying abandoned based on this sentence. What type of building was it?

I was saying abandoned based on this sentence. What type of building was it?
    It's a 5 storey building with mixed residential and retail units.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They probably got a call of possible fire and that's why so many were sent out and they were breaking into the building to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

markpb wrote: »

The first quote implies that they think they over-egged the pudding by sending 5 fire engines and a fire marshall, is that not a loaded or accusatory statement?

It's a 5 storey building with mixed residential and retail units.

That's why so many. If they were occupied and there was a fire they would need to get people out as well as fighting the fire. Turntable for the height and the 'fire marshall' would be a District Officer or above required for the level of turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Domestic fire or commercial fire in the city center is automatically a turnout for 3 fire engines and a turntable ladder. High rise could also include a Rescue Tender or another fire engine.

The "fire marshall" you seen was the District Officer. He's the boss. Don't call him a fire marshall if you meet him. He mightn't like it.

Actually the next District Officer i meet who i don't like i'm going to call him a fire marshall..............and then run like f&*K

Advertisement