Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA14 free for android and IOS(ahem)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Is it free or premium free where its free to download but then you have to pay to unlock parts of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Free to download but you have to pay 4.50euro to do anything other than have a penalty shoot out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Ultimate Team is free. Kick Off, Tournament and Manager Mode cost 4.49 to unlock. From some reviews I've read, that's 4.49 per device, which seems a bit insane.

It's years since I've played FIFA in any format, so this is probably just me, but the controls seem dire. The 'intuitive touch control' seems anything but.

In theory it's great: hold and drag a player to move him, hold anywhere on the screen to sprint, slide to shoot, tap to pass.

Which is fine until you've got the ball in the opposition half, hold down somewhere on the screen to sprint, and it interprets that as a tap and passes the ball 30 yards backwards. Or you use multitouch to drag a supporting player into position, and it decides that's a swipe instead of a drag and blasts the ball 30 yards wide. Or you're mid-swipe when you get tackled, the swipe is now interpreted as 'slide tackle', and you get a red card to scything someone down from behind.

When it works, it's great, but almost every game there's at least one goal lost to the controls being misinterpreted. I end up getting to the stage where I'm afraid to try anything.

Maybe it's down to the size of the screen, might work better on a tablet - though I'm playing it on a HTC One, which is a pretty decent screen size for a phone.

Or obviously, it could just be me being completely unused to it and not having a clue. I'd love to know how anyone else found the touch controls.

Advertisement