Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing - Cork County Council

Options
  • 26-09-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I'm new to this.. Just wondering if someone can give me some advice please.. I am on the housing list for some years now, I see a few boarded up council houses in my area, I rang to find out where I was on the list, they told me there was no list as such!! Also I made an enquiry into the vacant houses, to which they said they has no houses in my area!!!! How can this be when I can clearly see the vacant houses?? Anyone know what I should do now??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I'm tempted to say just move into one of them, but no doubt you would be quickly evicted. Perhaps tell them you intend to move into a specific one of them then when someone shows up to prevent it, ask them who's sending them out and contact that person to try to figure out a way to do so by contract legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Boarded up local authority houses are usually awaiting serious refurbishment or deep cleaning (e.g. after having been inhabited by drug addicts, squatted in, whatever) and are awaiting them having the money to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Or they may not actually be owned by the council anymore: previous tenants may have purchased them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Two_me

I didn't think they would be boarded up if tenants purchased? These are definitely council houses, I heard yesterday that they are boarded up because no body wants them!! I'd happily take one! ðŸ˜႒

Advertisement