Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trying to get my hands on gta :-(

• 26-09-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

If anyone could tell me where I can get a copy for ps3 in the dublin/ westmeath area id be very grateful sold out everywhere :-(:-(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Have you tried the likes of HMV Dundrum? I know they had stock days after release when many others were out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They were sold out yesterday when I was looking for a copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Bought it online from xtravision yesterday, delivered today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anybody know of anywhere in Dublin City center with XBOX 360 copies? Tried Henry st and Grafton st areas this morning but no joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Friend of mine bought his in Argos last Friday. He said there were a good few copies left.

He had tried Gamestop and a few other places but they had none and it would be a week or 2 before they had them.

Makes sense as Argos never occurred to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Anybody know of anywhere in Dublin City center with XBOX 360 copies? Tried Henry st and Grafton st areas this morning but no joy
    That's funny cos their online thing says they have lots of copies in Henry st and a few in Liffey st.
    http://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator?productId=44179

• Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Caliden wrote: »
    Friend of mine bought his in Argos last Friday. He said there were a good few copies left.

He had tried Gamestop and a few other places but they had none and it would be a week or 2 before they had them.

Makes sense as Argos never occurred to me.

Tried Jervis and Ilac Centers Argos and had a look online and they all seem to be out! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

How do you buy it online from Xtravision? It just says Check store for availability for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm a hunting for the ps3 version, I own the Collectors Edition but have stuck it on Adverts as I'm kinda past baseball caps, is it better to order it in or are there still bricks and mortar here with them in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Got it in DID Rathmines on xbox. No PS ones there.

Smyths getting stock in this afternoon apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jhflan

all the online guys seems to be sold out, dying for a copy now, play through my hangover!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mousewar wrote: »
    That's funny cos their online thing says they have lots of copies in Henry st and a few in Liffey st.
    http://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator?productId=44179

No surprise it turned out to be false information, GameStop has been a nightmare ever since GTA was released!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Back in stock in Smyths Fonthill for Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Smiths blanchardstown and swords have at least 50 ps3 and Xbox as I purchased it today in blanch happy hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Thanks to all that posted I believe a lot of places hqve it back in stock now so ill pick up a copy in the morning and get my gta fix .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Has anyone played gtaV on PS and Xbox?
    I know it's pure first world problems, but I'm tied on which version to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Reading reviews the Xb version looks slightly better but the PS3 versions plays slightly better (less slow-downs) so if u have no controller preference is recommend PS3. Also u hav to have XBL to nab your photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mikilll87

hey,

I was trying to get my hands on the game (Xbox version) but was not able to find it anywhere? anyone knows which shops may have copies today? preferably somewhere in town so I could try pick it up after work

Thanks for ur help

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They had plenty in stock on Saturday last in Smyths in Blanchardstown, seems fairly plentiful tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Mikilll87 wrote: »
    hey,

I was trying to get my hands on the game (Xbox version) but was not able to find it anywhere? anyone knows which shops may have copies today? preferably somewhere in town so I could try pick it up after work

Thanks for ur help
    Smiths jervis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭r0qi4162fux9kg

JamboMac wrote: »
    Smiths jervis

None left.

Anyone else see them anywhere today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

I bought it for the xbox in GameStop Liffey St. yesterday at lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭r0qi4162fux9kg

Plastik wrote: »
    I bought it for the xbox in GameStop Liffey St. yesterday at lunchtime.

Thanks. They seem to be out of both too now. Looking for a PS3 copy myself.
    HMV on Henry St have none too. Apparently getting more in on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Selling a PS3 copy if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks. They seem to be out of both too now. Looking for a PS3 copy myself.
    HMV on Henry St have none too. Apparently getting more in on Thursday.

Check the argos stock checker (I think inventory gets updated in the evening) and you see when they have it in your area, and even reserve it online for free. And you've a day to collect it. Boom!

X360 : http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1093573
    PS3 : http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1334287

Advertisement