Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Difficult are these Modules ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The description of the first and third sound easy, but that could just be the floccinaucinihilipilification talking...

Why don't you look at the past exam papers, if they're available? That should provide a good indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FocusFord

ill have a look at the exam papers... hopefully someone whos done one of the above subjects could also offer advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭isilidur1980

FocusFord wrote: »
    Hi I'm in third year Undemominated Science and Im looking to take 2 or 3 modules to make up my 60 ECTS.

Could anyone tell me how difficult the following modules are and if they would be manageable without prior study in the subject.

SI317 Human Body Function

CH332 Drug Design & Drug Discovery

PH341 Measurement of Health Hazards at Work

I only have a day or two left to decide so quick advice would be appreciated !

Do ye not get an opportunity to actually go into the different lectures at the start of semester to help ye decide what to pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FocusFord

you do get advice at the advisory session but im not able to take the modules i wanted to due to complications so now i have to choose from a smaller list of modules... and i dont have much time to decide !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I did the drug design and drug dicovery subject in its first year of existance but its changed an awful lot since but it basically deals with the computational side drug discovery and also the discovery of drugs in natural products..
    no one really learns anything to do with it beforehand so everyone goes into a bit blind...it has a lot of theory but also has computational labs that take a bit of thinking but its managable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

While Drug Design and Discovery can be a bit all over the place it is 50% exam 30% for labs and 20% for a presentation. Handy marks

Advertisement