Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agility system wireless

Options
  • 26-09-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

my sister was telling me that she became aware that her alarm system was not working correctly as she had walked accross a PIR when alarm set (full) and it ddint cause an activavtion. It is an agility. I hadnt heard of that panel and advised if replacing it she try a HKC. I now wonder is the agility system a relaible system? Is it up the appropiate EN standard? Are they generally reliable. I would imagine that the PIR should have communicated to the panel/RKP that battery was low and should have shown that error? Is that whats supposed to happen? Alarm only 7/8 years old....should she stick with it or for rliability and security install some other panel.

general views of this system sought? Can Pir battery be replaced handy enough with engineer code?

thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

my sister was telling me that she became aware that her alarm system was not working correctly as she had walked accross a PIR when alarm set (full) and it ddint cause an activavtion. It is an agility. I hadnt heard of that panel and advised if replacing it she try a HKC. I now wonder is the agility system a relaible system? Is it up the appropiate EN standard? Are they generally reliable. I would imagine that the PIR should have communicated to the panel/RKP that battery was low and should have shown that error? Is that whats supposed to happen? Alarm only 7/8 years old....should she stick with it or for rliability and security install some other panel.

general views of this system sought? Can Pir battery be replaced handy enough with engineer code?

thks

The one way systems have a sleep mode on the detectors. This means if the detector goes asleep and while it still sees movement it will stay asleep. The system should have indicated a low battery on the system but have seen some of the older systems do this on many an occasion. If the system is installed this long with out any batteries being changed the I would recommend replacing all the batteries. You should not need the engineer code to replace a battery, only if an engineer reset has being enabled. It will indicate the tamper on the control panel when you open the sensor but putting in your code will knock this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Thks altor, can I just ask what do you thiink is the point of having a pir that goes to sleep when the system , is set , it seems pointless. I would have thought that they should be communicating with the panel continually when set on. Thks for your reply PS have you installed any of these panels if so , are they troublesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thks altor, can I just ask what do you thiink is the point of having a pir that goes to sleep when the system , is set , it seems pointless. I would have thought that they should be communicating with the panel continually when set on. Thks for your reply PS have you installed any of these panels if so , are they troublesome.

The sensor goes into sleep mode to save on battery life. The Agilitys sleep mode is two minutes. So if the sensor is not in sleep mode and you set your system the sensor will arm after the timer has run down. If sleep mode is activates by movement in front of the sensor then it will wait till it senses no movement for the two minutes before it arms. With the newer two way systems the sensors arm straight away. I have done a few repairs and training on this system. the older version was the Wisdom. They are a cheap system, and no I have never installed one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In practice, with a sleep time of 2 minutes a PiR will be active ,at worst very shortly after the system is set anyway.If a PiR is not on an access route it probably will be ready to report before the system arms anyway. The thinking behind them is if you have a couple of PiRs in a location where there is constant movement its pointless to use up battery life reporting every open close when the panel doesn't need to know.
    With 2 way it works slightly different. The device doesn't report to the panel untill it receives an arm signal from the panel. However these devices are not really asleep as they have to constantly listen for that transmission.
    6 of one & half dozen of the other really.
    The Agility would conform to all the relevant standards. I have come across a few of then & had no major issues. I know of one big installer in Dublin who installs a lot of them. The company in question wouldn't be the type to use them if they were not up to scratch or troublesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Hi Koolkid Sis lives near bray , is the alarm company you mention out that direction ? if so could you PM me contact details

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They wouldn't be based in Bray , but they cover a lot out that direction.

Advertisement