Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm to receive a Police Caution in a month. Does this limit me in anyway or...

• 26-09-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys, new member with a question.

I was caught in April of this year stealing a pizza and some soup from a Dunnes Stores outlet (the poor student life got a bit too poor).

The bouncer on the Dunnes thought I was a decent enough guy so he was happy enough to let it go as a verbal warning. The police told me that if I ever recieved a letter saying I was to go in to the police station, to go into them. I heard nothing after that.

Now, almost 6 months on, I receive a letter saying I have to go and receive an Adult Caution next month.

I'm just wondering, what does this mean? Does this show up on my premanent record? Could it stop me from acquiring jobs that I apply for? Could it stop me from travelling abroad?

Or is it literally just a caution that gets put on my file/personal record/etc and is there as a final chance?

Thanks for any help recieved, this letter has just ruined my day and made me fret with worry.

Comments

Advertisement