Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Test on a 125 scooter

• 26-09-2013 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

So, I'm going to do my test on a 125 scooter. Do I apply for an A1 test or can I get the full A with that engine capacity ?
    I understand I will be limited to a scooter license type?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You'll only get A1 doing the test on a 125, which means you then need to do an A2 test and again for A. You could also be restricted to riding auto bikes if the scooter is auto.

If your over 24 it'd be cheaper to pay for lessons and hire a school bike which is A suitable, even if you don't currently plan on riding bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

StaggerLee wrote: »
    So, I'm going to do my test on a 125 scooter. Do I apply for an A1 test or can I get the full A with that engine capacity ?
    I understand I will be limited to a scooter license type?

It would be an A1 test, which when passed on an automatic scooter, you would get a restricted A1 licence (restricted to automatic only)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Thanks for the replies... so if I wanted to get an A2 or A scooter restricted license in the future could I just do another test, or would I have to gtet a learner permit in that category again?

Getting a bike license is not straight forward is it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

StaggerLee wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies... so if I wanted to get an A2 or A scooter restricted license in the future could I just do another test, or would I have to gtet a learner permit in that category again?

Getting a bike license is not straight forward is it!

You would need to get another Learner Permit to cover whatever kw power you need.
    The permit you get will depend on your age.

16-17 yrs = am/A1
    18- 23 yrs = A2 (35kw)
    24 yrs upwards = A unrestricted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Thank f*ck I never had to go through all this bullsh*t. Must be a nightmare for new guys starting out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement