Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby Late Autumn League?

• 26-09-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi ... I'm wondering if there are any tag rugby leagues going on this time of year or any that are about to start up? Having trouble finding any info on leagues other than summer leagues. I'm a beginner player (female) so just looking to have a bit of fun and meet some people as I'm new to Galway. Anyone know of any teams that are currently playing or about to start that are looking for additional people? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭deisedude

cbd18 wrote: »
    Hi ... I'm wondering if there are any tag rugby leagues going on this time of year or any that are about to start up? Having trouble finding any info on leagues other than summer leagues. I'm a beginner player (female) so just looking to have a bit of fun and meet some people as I'm new to Galway. Anyone know of any teams that are currently playing or about to start that are looking for additional people? Thanks :)

I think all the tag rugby leagues are over but there is a touch rugby league going on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cbd18

Oh ok - do you know where I would find information on teams or if any teams are looking for an additional player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

I'd be interested in that too if you have any more info.

I think they have a facebook page called Galway touch rugby. Played a few times but wasn't my thing so dont know much more

Thank you very much for the info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

I'd be up for setting up a team if anyone else is interested for next year.. Prob a little early but if there's two plus me interested so far, anyone interested?

I'd be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Check_Yourself

Hard enough to get tag going during the winter as a lot of the players start back at rugby.

They are looking for girls to join the touch league at the moment as they are short on players.
    Posted on the 24th Sept on their facebook page:

Are you or any of your friends interested in playing in the current Touch Rugby League? I have some places available for the next 8 weeks of the league. Contact me now to register your interest <www.facebook.com/GalwayTouchRugby> or spread the word to any interested friends. Thanks

Apparently there will be a Gaelic Football Tag league starting soon in Galway. Will post back when i hear more

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chrussell2

What ever happened to the boards.ie "Now Ye're Taggin" Tag Rugby team?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

touch rugby thing looks interesting, it's basically tag rugby minus having to wear the tags

facebook post on december 23rd

have just one more thing on your list of things to do - Don't forget to register for the Touch league starting on 20th January - registration closes 8th January. Register as an individual or team. Cost €480 for a team.

(no affiliation with this whatsoever by the way)

so if you guys are interested in that then you have until January 8th

a team of 12 would cost €40 each

not sure how a boards team would fare though, you'd have to learn the rules and have some kind of coach - hopefully they don't take the league too seriously and it's good casual fun

having said that a boards team did play tag a few years back and we were all new to that and it ended up being pretty good fun although we didn't win too many games.

of course you could just register as an individual and then I presume they just stick you on a team

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭b.gud

There's a Twitter page for Touch Rugby @GalwayTouchRugby here was a quote from their account today:

@GwayTouchRugby: Registration for Teams is now CLOSED. Several spots for individuals still available - beginners welcome. Email <no mails, use PM for contact details>

So unfortunately you won't be able to register a team, you'll have to go as an individual.
    Also for anyone interested in doing touch, you should be aware that it's, actually quite a bit different to tag, it's a lot more high pace than Tag rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

b.gud wrote: »
    There's a Twitter page for Touch Rugby @GalwayTouchRugby here was a quote from their account today:

@GwayTouchRugby: Registration for Teams is now CLOSED. Several spots for individuals still available - beginners welcome. Email <no mails, use PM for contact details>

So unfortunately you won't be able to register a team, you'll have to go as an individual.
    Also for anyone interested in doing touch, you should be aware that it's, actually quite a bit different to tag, it's a lot more high pace than Tag rugby

Totally agree. PLayed a season in UK. Waaaaay different to tag, high pace, so fitness is a killer. Also use of prepared moves is really really common, which can put teams comprised of all new players at a major disadvantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭metroburgers

Gonna bump this if anyone can advise if individuals can join at the mo?

Advertisement