Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Horizon Broadband not connecting

• 26-09-2013 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Just got the horizon box, tv working fine, and my laptop, desktop, phone all connecting to the wireless connection but not able to get any internet connection. I've just spent 40 minutes with upc trying to troubleshoot the wireless connection but there is no issue with that. The diagnostic page 192.168.192.1 comes up on them all. I've an engineer book for next wednesday, but has anyone else had this problem, or anything that might fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

stevemac wrote: »
    Just got the horizon box, tv working fine, and my laptop, desktop, phone all connecting to the wireless connection but not able to get any internet connection. I've just spent 40 minutes with upc trying to troubleshoot the wireless connection but there is no issue with that. The diagnostic page 192.168.192.1 comes up on them all. I've an engineer book for next wednesday, but has anyone else had this problem, or anything that might fix it?
    Having the same problem. Anybody know how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

for me it was simple, they hadn't provisioned the broadband properly. So I waited for an engineer, who looked at it and made a phonecall and got it sorted in about a half hour. He was at the flat for 5 minutes max. The tech support on the phone should have being able to spot it but didn't.

A few weeks later when I bought a phone I went through the same process to get the phone line sorted. The call centre tech support are truly useless.

I remember with the phone there was a red phone on the box, it went off when the line was provisioned and it was working. I can't remember if there was a red symbol for the BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

stevemac wrote: »
    for me it was simple, they hadn't provisioned the broadband properly. So I waited for an engineer, who looked at it and made a phonecall and got it sorted in about a half hour. He was at the flat for 5 minutes max. The tech support on the phone should have being able to spot it but didn't.

A few weeks later when I bought a phone I went through the same process to get the phone line sorted. The call centre tech support are truly useless.

I remember with the phone there was a red phone on the box, it went off when the line was provisioned and it was working. I can't remember if there was a red symbol for the BB.

Yes there is the little red phone symbol on the box but nothing showing for the.broadband. Hopefully its something that will be sorted over the phone.

Advertisement