Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kippers...

Options
  • 26-09-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

having them for tea tonight....but what to have with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

When I was growing up it was always brown bread and butter. It made swallowing the very small, thread-like bones easy. We always reckoned that there were so many that trying to get them all out was too much like hard work.

These days I like a poached egg with each kipper - and I let the yolk flow all over the fish.

I love kippers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

With a soft poached egg on top, gerrin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

as above, or flaked over a nice salad is nice. my wife favours a feta and beetroot salad, but she's 7 months pregnant, so that may not work for you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I agree with poached egg

But if you want a nice filling dinner try a version of kedgeree

Rice , with some curry powder in it, hard boiled egg and flake the kippers into the rice when it's drained they are already cooked.

Mmmmmmmmm fancy kippers myself for breakfast tomorrow , the only thing putting me off is the smell in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

ended up having them with baby potatoes and fried onions / tomatoes....threw some fennnel seads into the onions....very tasty

must buy the kippers again...they were very tasty

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 326 ✭✭Savoir.Faire

If I have kippers for breakfast I love them a poached egg, brown bread and marmalade. I never eat marmalade except with kippers. The smoky and oily fish goes really well with the sweet stickiness of the jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Usually on a good brown toasted soda bread with a little freshly cracked black pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.

Advertisement