Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

backlinks

Options
  • 26-09-2013 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

this is my website www.bearnagolfclub.com (hosted on blacknight btw!)

currently i am coming up on page one for most galway golf searches, although more towards the bottom of the page than at the top.

i'm trying to improve our SEO and keep reading about backlinks. what are they and what would be relevant backlinks for my web page?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mark8511

Back links are your website link on other website and relevant is the website you putting link is relevant to your business.

In start you can try putting your link to free directories, you local directories and try to write some blog post in your industry.

you can carry out an research where your competitors are having links. ( you can ask any of seo companies for your competitors links)
    http://www.seoireland.org ( you can ask for free competitors link report)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

currently i am coming up on page one for most galway golf searches, although more towards the bottom of the page than at the top.

i'm trying to improve our SEO and keep reading about backlinks. what are they and what would be relevant backlinks for my web page?

Are you being naive or what. Considering that the site is already listed in dmoz and 319 other referring sites, you must be "unaware" that someone is link building for the site!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mark8511

blue4ever wrote: »
    Are you being naive or what. Considering that the site is already listed in dmoz and 319 other referring sites, you must be "unaware" that someone is link building for the site!

http://postimg.org/image/6mwkdmrez/

6mwkdmrez

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

Start here:
    http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo

Read it ALL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 rendy78f9b194

it's power full domain so you got 1 page google, but you should continue to maintain the position update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 AaronDig

I don't understand blue4ever. Naive or what??? just because the site has referring domains doesn't mean someone is going about building links it could just be organic linking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 rendy78f9b194

Do you intend to add a forum to your site?
    I am interested in signing up if it's free :D

Advertisement