Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cot bed duvet cover

Options
  • 26-09-2013 5:44pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am having issues finding them, I need a 120x150 one.
    Amazon have them but anywhere else and not ridiculously expensive.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We got ours in ikea. They're pretty easy to make too if you have a machine.

EBay could be an option too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I forgot about Ikea:) thanks

Just checked and they are the wrong size:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Guineys can have stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I am having issues finding them, I need a 120x150 one.
    Amazon have them but anywhere else and not ridiculously expensive.

Aldi had cot bed duvet covers last week as part of the baby event. I got a duvet and cover there. Not too sure of the size though sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Gee_G wrote: »
    Aldi had cot bed duvet covers last week as part of the baby event. I got a duvet and cover there. Not too sure of the size though sorry!

Can I ask what age your little ones were when you put a duvet in the cot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-19th-september/products-detail-page/ps/p/cot-quilt-cover-set/

Thats the one that was in aldi, says 120 x 150.
    I bought it but not opened it yet.
    Good luck

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

got the duvet in Aldi but they had no covers left.

yellow hen wrote: »
    Can I ask what age your little ones were when you put a duvet in the cot?

In our case I would never put it in the cot,she is in a toddler bed but a single duvet is huge on it and doubled over it is too heavy for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We've only started using the cot duvet dunce we moved our son into his bed. Like moonbeam said a single duvet would've been huge. We always used gro bags when he was in his cot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

We've only started using the cot duvet dunce we moved our son into his bed. Like moonbeam said a single duvet would've been huge. We always used gro bags when he was in his cot.

Thanks. I thought there were maybe little duvets for cots. Our little man is in grobag but he gets frustrated trying to turn in it at night so he's in heavy sleepsuits now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Get a single bed one and someone who can use a sewing machine. Ridiculously expensive otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Moonbeam you can buy bed in a bag sets in Argos they include toddler duvet a tiny wee pillow the cover and pillowcase. I bought them for my two wee girls when they went to the toddler bed. They are not very dear either €30 and come in lots of different styles

Sorry I just re read and you already have the duvet Argos also do just cover sets too !

Tesco have those too but I already bought the duvet!!

I might ask someone with a sewing machine for help good idea:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The cotbed duvet in IKEA isn't too expensive. I know it's a pain to get a second one.

Is the ikea one smaller or bigger than what you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

They have the sets in Smyths too and they are often on offer so might be worth just keeping an eye. They're 26.99 at the moment but I think I got one around 15 eur - that was for the duvet, duvet cover and pillow cover.

Advertisement