Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre enabled,does my standard connection automatically go up to 24mb?

Options
  • 26-09-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi,my phone no and address now say my area is fibre enabled.Does this mean my connection will automatically go up to 24mb for the basic package without e-fibre?
    At the moment i am getting 5mb download.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

igorbiscan wrote: »
    Hi,my phone no and address now say my area is fibre enabled.Does this mean my connection will automatically go up to 24mb for the basic package without e-fibre?
    Thanks.
    Hi igorbiscan

I can confirm your current package does not automatically increase to the up to 24mb plan however you can request this by contacting broadband sales on free phone 1800503303.

Broadband sales should be able to tests what speeds your line can actually hold before making the decision to upgrade to the up to 24mb plan.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Thanks Alan,
    Just got onto the number you gave me. Unfortunatly even though both phone and address say fibre enabled,a different one of your systems says we are not yet ready for fibre. Your rep could not give any indication of when our part of town will be enabled and to just wait till I'm contacted.
    Just wondering if I pm'ed my details,is there any way to find even an estimation of when we will be enabled?
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks.
    Hi igorbiscan

Can you PM me with your telephone number so I can check your details to use as an example of the query.

Thanks Mark

PM sent,
    Thanks Mark.

PM sent,
    Thanks Mark.
    Has my thread been deleted from the Eircom,"talk to " forum??
    Also I have sent a  further 3 PM's that haven't been replied to and have no indication that they were sent / received in the history.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

PM sent,
    Thanks Mark.
    Also I have sent a  further 3 PM's that haven't been replied to and have no indication that they were sent / received in the history.

Hi igorbiscan,

A PM was sent to you Friday from Mark, I'll forward to you again.

Thanks

Tracey

PM sent,
    Thanks Mark.

Hi igorbiscan,

Thanks

Tracey
    Tracey,
    I have replied to this 4 times.I don't know why the pm's are not reaching you.

To answer again,
    I spoke with your rep on the phone on Friday.They said I could get efibre for the same price as we currently pay and that it was available at my address and phone. no on your system.
    We agreed to sign up for e-fibre,however after beginning the process on upgrading the rep said the other system says it is not available to us.She could not give me a reason why its ok on one system but not on the other.She could not give a date of when efibre would be available just to wait until I'm contacted.
    I was hoping ye could look into this to see whether I can efibre or not or if you could give me a rough estimate of when it will be available. Your website says my address and phone no. are enabled for efibre.
    Mark has my account details.
    Thanks Tracey.

PM sent,
    Thanks Mark.

Hi igorbiscan,

Thanks

Tracey
    Tracey,
    I have replied to this 4 times.I don't know why the pm's are not reaching you.

To answer again,
    I spoke with your rep on the phone on Friday.They said I could get efibre for the same price as we currently pay and that it was available at my address and phone. no on your system.
    We agreed to sign up for e-fibre,however after beginning the process on upgrading the rep said the other system says it is not available to us.She could not give me a reason why its ok on one system but not on the other.She could not give a date of when efibre would be available just to wait until I'm contacted.
    I was hoping ye could look into this to see whether I can efibre or not or if you could give me a rough estimate of when it will be available. Your website says my address and phone no. are enabled for efibre.
    Mark has my account details.
    Thanks Tracey.
    Hi igorbiscan

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I sent on your details and address to the efibre roll-out team to try and get some indication as to if or when efibre may be available. I am afraid they could not give any indication. It may be 2014 before there is any news for your area.

Sorry it was not better news.

Mark

Alright Mark,thanks anyways for looking into it for me.

Alright Mark,thanks anyways for looking into it for me.
    No problem igorbiscan

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement