Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Box Turtles or Horsefiled tortoise (Russian tortoise)

Options
  • 26-09-2013 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

I am looking for 2 box turtles? In Dublin, young ones, male and female if possible.

I have read that they are easy pets to care off... It's for my kids but I guess that I will need to help taking care of them.

If anyone know a shop or someone who has some for sale... Thanks to give me the details...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I'm transferring your thread to our subforum as the folks here are much better equipped to deal with your request. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

reptile haven would be a great place , if they dont have them in stock , they will get them in for you

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Chris Arch

antocann wrote: »
    reptile haven would be a great place , if they dont have them in stock , they will get them in for you

Thanks... I will give them a call today.

antocann wrote: »

They haven't got any and they don't know when they will be able to import any... Would someone know another place?

Actually Russian tortoise or horsefield tortoise would be even better...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Chris Arch wrote: »
    They haven't got any and they don't know when they will be able to import any... Would someone know another place?

You might be able to get them on a classified sites such as adverts.ie,donedeal or gumtree.

• Advertisement

chopper6 wrote: »
    You might be able to get them on a classified sites such as adverts.ie,donedeal or gumtree.

Found some in a shop in Letterkenny... It is a long trip return from Dublin, so I am still searching... I haven't found any for sale on the internet....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Found some in a shop in Letterkenny... It is a long trip return from Dublin, so I am still searching... I haven't found any for sale on the internet....

I have the
    numbers of two people who may be able to help..if you wanna PM me.

I am looking for 2 box turtles? In Dublin, young ones, male and female if possible.

I have read that they are easy pets to care off... It's for my kids but I guess that I will need to help taking care of them.

If anyone know a shop or someone who has some for sale... Thanks to give me the details...

Thanks, they told me that they can have some within a week. So I will probably go for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

Thanks, they told me that they can have some within a week. So I will probably go for that.

i think daves jungle in carlow might have a russian tortoise

gw80 wrote: »
    i think daves jungle in carlow might have a russian tortoise

Thanks... I am looking for 2 of them. Carlow still slightly too far for a return trip the same day. I prefer wait a week, unless someone knows where I can find some this weekend in Dublin and surrounding counties...

• Advertisement
Advertisement