Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get figs in Dublin?

Options
  • 26-09-2013 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong section and mods feel free to move it to the right one!

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a place where I can buy figs in Dublin? My partner loves them but she can never find them here! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

Probably one of the middle eastern grocery shops around the South Circular Road. I think there's one on Clanbrassil St near Harold's X Bridge and another near the Spar on Harcourt St

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You're much more likely to get helpful replies here in the Dublin City forum.

Moved from Snacks & Sweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Lidl actually has fresh figs sometimes. But try one of the Asian/ middle eastern supermarket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

hfallada wrote: »
    Lidl actually has fresh figs sometimes.

Yup, my local one (Greenhills Road) has them at the moment. €1.99 for four.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

I've bought them in Dunnes in Cornelscourt recently. Otherwise organic shops like Fallon & Byrne, Salt in Monkstown or The Happy Pear in Greystones might have them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Marks and Spencer Grafton st has them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

SimonLynch wrote: »
    Probably one of the middle eastern grocery shops around the South Circular Road. I think there's one on Clanbrassil St near Harold's X Bridge and another near the Spar on Harcourt St

It's a few doors down from the Post Office on Leonard's Corner/SCR, left side of the road heading towards Harolds Cross, got some figs there myself a few times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

I've bought some at a middle eastern market in Moore street, they even had dates and prickly pears. It's between the Polonez and the Lidl/Aldi.
    Good luck! I love figs too and was delighted to find some in Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Fallon and Byrne always have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Lidl has them in stock at the moment. I got 4 for 99 cent or €1,99 today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Thank you very much for all of your replies, they were very helpful. I got 2 packs in the Greenhills lidl and my partner was delighted and I tried figs for the first time, very tasty actually!

Advertisement