Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Real Estate

• 26-09-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't find chatter about this. Is buying up real estate good for a flow of cash or should I stick with just trading in stock pre/post certain missions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Couldn't find chatter about this. Is buying up real estate good for a flow of cash or should I stick with just trading in stock pre/post certain missions?

Honestly this is my 2nd major annoyance about the game, this was so balanced back in the day, why'd they have to go ruin it. The takings from Property are USELESS compared to the cost to buy property. For example Many properties require 2 in game years before you see a return on investement. 100+ weeks. And in theory you could end up having to do a "Property mission" every week just to get the money (i.e Drive her, kill these guys etc)...
    Stick with stocks.
    It really annoys me that I have to say that.... It's really not what I wanted to be doing with my time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The best one to make money from is the Nuclear Waste Collection docks. You'll pretty much make your initial investment back after you collect 11 barrels at 23k a pop, but it is time consuming. As Trevor, the Airfield for drug/arms trafficking has a decent return. 5K per ground mission and 7k per air mission.

The worst one to buy is the golf club. I've read that it'll take 567 in game weeks to repay the investment of 150 million.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    The best one to make money from is the Nuclear Waste Collection docks. You'll pretty much make your initial investment back after you collect 11 barrels at 23k a pop. As Trevor, the Airfield for drug/arms trafficking has a decent return. 5K per ground mission and 7k per air mission.

The worst one to buy is the golf club. I've read that it'll take 567 in game weeks to repay the investment of 150 million.

Good point.... But you could just do 1 heist and then invest (it all) in one stock from the assassination mission and BOOM, you've saved yourself the "work" of doing all those missions to make money... 11K, 5K, 7K.... you can earn like 2mil on the 1st assassination mission... It pains me to say it but I feel like "why bother" sometimes with the properties and their related missions...
    They got this so right back in VC... and I think SA.... Why ruin it now.
    Sorry for the big whinge :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Oh I agree. Having to do fetch missions to even give you a return is bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

you know whats anoying me is the smoke on the water missions you cant do them theres no legned on the maps to collect weed or drive a van pain in the arse so you get texts like in the 4th one of people like pb :D

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Oh I agree. Having to do fetch missions to even give you a return is bollox.

It should have been either No weekly profit and you do missions... or you buy it, do no missions and sit back and watch the bucks come in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Trevors air field missions are 7 & 5k each and I don't think they run out, do both then quick save and reload so you can do another set.

The LS customs you can buy can save money and while it make **** all I've everything completely modded for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

How long is in-game week in real life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

24mins by 7= somewhere about 3 real hours.

YbFocus wrote: »
    24mins by 7= somewhere about 3 real hours.

FOr most of the entry level properties you end up with like 5K-10K. In 3 hours of game time, you'd encounter one of those banking vans and make just as much. Someone should really have done the maths on this.... maybe they were so proud of the stocks thing, they wanted to drive people to use that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I read somewhere that they tried to make the money in the game mildly realistic. So the cars, guns, properties ect cost about as much as they actually would, and pay as much as they actually would. Truth is in a stock market you can manipulate yourself you'll always make more than legitimate business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Okay thanks and do those e-mails from your property manager from Minotaur or something come in every 3 hours on in-game playing? Asking because I get one at least once per hour and this was last night. Haven't played any today as I've assignments to do or I'll fail my module :(

Everytime you die or save it advances the game several hours. (potentially you could get to a point where you're making more than 5k in the time it takes you to respawn after dying, in that case endless suicide would be a way to make money)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

They seem to be pretty much pointless really. Maybe if you got a return daily or hourly rather than weekly. Much better to invest in shares and get your few thousand that way until you can afford all the property's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

You only make money when you do missions related to the property?

I read it gives you money weekly. With the Golf Club being $$$$$!

PeteK* wrote: »
    You only make money when you do missions related to the property?

I read it gives you money weekly. With the Golf Club being $$$$$!

Varies from property to property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, do you need to be ingame for time to go? Like I need to be in game for 24minutes to get one week done?

Guys, do you need to be ingame for time to go? Like I need to be in game for 24minutes to get one week done?

Hey man,
    24 mins in reality is 24 hours in game.
    Therefore 168 real minutes or 2hr 48min is one game week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

YbFocus wrote: »
    Hey man,
    24 mins in reality is 24 hours in game.
    Therefore 168 real minutes or 2hr 48min is one game week.

I know that m8. I mean do I actually have to be in game for that? Or if ps3 is turned off, does it still counts weeks? Or it freezes until you play again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I know that m8. I mean do I actually have to be in game for that? Or if ps3 is turned off, does it still counts weeks? Or it freezes until you play again?

Pretty sure it freezes until you play again.

• Advertisement

Freezes, sorry I misunderstood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,319 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Saving the game in your safehouse forwards time by 8 hours. Other than that, time in the game always continues where you left off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's more realistic than the older games. If you own a small business, you're not going to be making a killing from the word go, just like in the game.

I'd rather it was daily or something though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Footy101

Side Note: The stock market aspect is quality. Must go about making myself very familiar with this part of the game!

Advertisement