Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solicitors expenses

• 26-09-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi i an looking for helpful opinions on a solicitors charges. My situation is i am trying to buy a house in the country and so far two houses have fallen through (neg Equitity) through no fault of mine,,i was devastated as a result but in the process the solicitor keeps mentioning his money..i have just sale agreed my currrent home for the second time ( i had to let go the 1st buyer as i was so let down in country) ..the contract deeds are ready to go in the morn to the new buyer but before they go the solicitor wants another 250 euro ( we already paid him the same earlier in the year and never sold)..what i really want to know is..is this normal stuff ?? I have asked him again today for a bill as things stand and he wont committ to tell me ?? i really concerned now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

cupcakes15 wrote: »
    Hi i an looking for helpful opinions on a solicitors charges. My situation is i am trying to buy a house in the country and so far two houses have fallen through (neg Equitity) through no fault of mine,,i was devastated as a result but in the process the solicitor keeps mentioning his money..i have just sale agreed my currrent home for the second time ( i had to let go the 1st buyer as i was so let down in country) ..the contract deeds are ready to go in the morn to the new buyer but before they go the solicitor wants another 250 euro ( we already paid him the same earlier in the year and never sold)..what i really want to know is..is this normal stuff ?? I have asked him again today for a bill as things stand and he wont committ to tell me ?? i really concerned now.

There's two sides to any property transaction. You may have paid your solicitor for work involved in the first abortive purchase, but for the house you're trying to currently buy, there will be many things your solicitor has to do: check title, planning permission etc.

Unfortunately, it's not just a case of a one-off payment for everything related to your house sale/buying. Your solicitor did the work for the earlier sale; it fell through, but he did the work. The current one he's charging for is a separate transaction that requires the same sort of groundwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

With out knowing what work he has done how can anyone answer your question. But so far there has been two attempted purchases by you, one attempted sale at contract stage, and you have paid him €250 which is €203.25 plus VAT and he wants another €203.25 plus VAT from you. As you say the purchases have fallen through and it's not your fault, neither is it his. Depending on the stage of each purchase he is more than likely making nothing so far.

Advertisement