Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park best spot for ...

Options
  • 26-09-2013 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Any good spots to view the sunset in Phoenix Park? Have been jogging around the area and noticed the beautiful light, want to take an awesome picture so wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a great clear view of the sun when it nestles smoothly.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is probably ok for the sun setting over trees & you can get that view from most places in the park.
    Maybe try from a higher vantage point like the Papal Cross for a good angle.
    For sunsets over a distant horizon it is probably not the best location.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

I say you would be better off going for a sun rise from say Howth or Killiney hill. can't imagine a sunset in the Phoenix park would be anything to write home about.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I suppose any photo with the obelisk in it would be a good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Thought this thread was going to be about dogging!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Ardent wrote: »
    Thought this thread was going to be about dogging!

+1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

The area around the papal cross is actually quite good, made some nice sunset pictures there. You could even catch the grazing deer too.

Went out for a couple of pictures on monday night and the light was fantastic, it was a real deep shade of golden/orange and and it works quite well with the coloured leafs from the trees. I think sunset was around 7ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Lads, remember you're not in AH, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will defo check around the cross at 7pmish :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Alias G wrote: »
    I say you would be better off going for a sun rise from say Howth or Killiney hill. can't imagine a sunset in the Phoenix park would be anything to write home about.

I beg to differ. I live nearby and have seen some stunning sunsets looking towards the Western sky!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Any good spots to view the sunset in Phoenix Park? Have been jogging around the area and noticed the beautiful light, want to take an awesome picture so wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a great clear view of the sun when it nestles smoothly.

Download a program called "The Photographers Ephemeris" - it will give you the exact time, direction and angle of the setting (and rising) sun overlaid on a map. Essential piece of kit for any landscape photographer. It is also available for your phone as a paid app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 rener

What's Phoenix Park like for jogging? are there any athletics track or areas for players? What are the known routes? Thank rener

Advertisement