Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what do you make of GTAV music?

• 26-09-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

I can't seem to get into it like in previous games. I think I may need to up the volume or something. In San Andreas I somehow loved the country music station :o

What station do you find yourself listening to most? Which songs are you liking?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Either channel x or non stop pop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I never change the station never have before, whatever is on is on and i like it.

Its car radio maybe you like the song maybe you dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Los Santos Rock Radio and Non Stop Pop. Have to agree though the music doesn't compare to San Andreas or Vice City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Cause we got a brand new convoy, aint she a beautiful sight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Some great songs but overall weaker than previous entries. it seems to be missing solid rock/alt/metal channels. I know channel x and the other one but it's not great. Surprised to find a dance music station considering none of the 3 protagonists likely listen to dance (it's their game). Find myself listing to the country station and space station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think there are a lot of good songs, but they're spread out over too many stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Lack of a dedicated Metal station has my radio on silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm disappointed by the lack of a Metal station myself, I have to say the best two stations in the game is West Coast Classics and Non-Stop Pop, they seemed to have hit the spot with those two, not too much "new" Pop on the Pop station either which is a good thing; a bit of Stardust, Modjo and Britney is cool I think.

Then you have NWA, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Comptons Most Wanted on the Classic Hip Hop channel, which is a class wee selection from that genre; although Radio Los Santos is poor, much like mainstream modern Rap as a genre anyway.

LS Rock Radio is a hit more so than a miss anyway, no complaints from me in terms of Bob Seger, The Cult, Elton John, Gerry Rafferty, Queen, Stevie Nicks, Def Leppard, Phil Collins, etc.; they could've had a better Robert Plant song though, like some Led Zeppelin please.

Channel X is great though, can't beat a bit of Suicidal Tendencies, Black Flag or The Germs. VBR, WWFM and Soulwax are all only alright. I still think Rebel Radio is hilarious, Country generally is. FlyLo FM is good, IDM and Electronica is quite interesting as a genre so that stands to it — Aphex Twin, Hudson Mohawk and Tyler, The Creator are brilliant, but there's too many Flying Lotus tracks (probably because he's the DJ).

The rest of them from what it remember are average. The Reggae station is probably the worst. Everything I mentioned above is what I find great about the radio in V (throw in the chat stations as well), but everything else in it sounds like filler to be honest, which is disappointing, given the resources R* and their previous soundtracks (which were mostly brilliant).

Still though, the lack of Metal station annoys me. Hopefully they do the same as The Lost And The Damned DLC for IV and throw in a Metal show on the Hardcore station Channel X like Max Cavalera presented on LCHC. Cannibal Corpse and Sepultura, can't beat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

thought the reggae station had a great playlist myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It's weak in general I feel, on the music front. Found myself tuning into the chat shows more so, at least until they become more repetitive, then I'll use probably the punk station, the pop oneand occasionally the hip-hop. I'm more an East coast fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

For the size of the game, length of time spent in cars etc and distance required to cover the music repeats far to often , also it seems the music / station is time of day specific so you could hear the same songs even more often.

In previous games it even seemed that the chat shows were far more substantial too.

It's actually commented on in the game after
    Trevor takes over the strip club
    Wade can be heard to comment "they play the same six songs over and over"

There was massive amount of scope to do far more and given the sales and budget they could have afforded to license far more songs than what they did.

Edit: They even could have had something like classic liberty and vice city fm or soething and used some from previous games?????? I'd have enjoyed those for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

calex71 wrote: »

In previous games it even seemed that the chat shows were far more substantial too.

I disagree with this, you just need to go hunting for them a bit more. I'd recommend Blaine County Radio... it has some of the best chat show segments in the game. I thought the same as you initially, but left the game on (in the background) while I was doing other stuff, for a 30mins-1hour a couple times. And theres some good stuff in there, not just on the stations you'd expect it to be on

Advertisement