Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Did you try videogamesplus? I don't know if they're still running the free postage, worth a check?
    I've gone and already bought it from the PS Store. It doesn't say its in stock on their website, only that its available for pre-order.

To be honest I would have not been sure about buying from Canada due to postage times + possible custom charges in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Please re-read my post, I've already said its out of stock at my local shop.

After having a look on their website again more places are now saying its out of stock too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

I only got my Wiiu lately for 160, wouldn't get a Switch til it goes down a lot, plus tons of games will be out lol.

Boys will be boys I suppose lol. That's very true, there's great moments between them.

P4 anime, yep! Wasn't there a P4 Golden anime? With the new social link and the ski trip? I haven't played Golden but I might watch it

I'm also clingy girlfriending, it's still pending, it doesn't look like they've tried but it's not cancelled either. Much limbo.

Exactly :pac::pac: glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, i did the same for the PS4 :P

ABSOLUTELY, I loved their bromance way more than Shinjiro and Akihiko :P

Yeah there is though I think the P4 Golden anime wasn't as well received, personally i still enjoyed some scenes but I did like the first one better. Also if I remember well the P4 golden anime is longer... BTW there's a P5 animation as well, but I'm not gonna watch it till I play the game :rolleyes:

AMAZON IS SHIPPING MY GAME TODAY HOOORAAAYYYY, I just checked and I have tears in my eyes now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

cinnamony wrote: »
    Exactly :pac::pac: glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, i did the same for the PS4 :P

ABSOLUTELY, I loved their bromance way more than Shinjiro and Akihiko :P

Yeah there is though I think the P4 Golden anime wasn't as well received, personally i still enjoyed some scenes but I did like the first one better. Also if I remember well the P4 golden anime is longer... BTW there's a P5 animation as well, but I'm not gonna watch it till I play the game :rolleyes:

AMAZON IS SHIPPING MY GAME TODAY HOOORAAAYYYY, I just checked and I have tears in my eyes now :pac:

The P5 Daybreakers anime doesn't have any spoilers for the game.

The P5 Daybreakers anime doesn't have any spoilers for the game.

What really?? not even their awakening??:eek:

• Advertisement

Nope, starts with the core group already having their Personas and the ending cuts to the protagonist locked in the Velvet Room stating that what was just shown was a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

BTW there's a P5 animation as well, but I'm not gonna watch it till I play the game :rolleyes:

There isn't enough on thd PS4 for me, so I'm not in a rush for one yet.
    Yeah I'm waiting til I play it a bit anyway even though it's not spoilers.
    Great! I hope mine will get shipped soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It was just a once off marketing tool, it included another half hour of people talking about the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah it's kind of just fluff but have a nice teaser of the look and atmosphere of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Do you need to play 4 to get into this ?
    I own 4...played a few hours..but my ps3 is in a corner somewhere and the PS4 is hooked up atm.

Or is it like the FF series where they're all very different.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Do you need to play 4 to get into this ?
    I own 4...played a few hours..but my ps3 is in a corner somewhere and the PS4 is hooked up atm.

Or is it like the FF series where they're all very different.

No, all the main Persona games are self contained(slight cross over character wise between 1&2 though), except 2 which is told over 2 games, Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

http://www.ggez.space/
    Looks like a good guide site for P5. Not mobile compatible unfortunately but goes over good Confidants to pursue early-game. Also has a Compendium with a link to a Fusion Calculator. Thank God we can pick what skills get passed down now, trying to get Lilith with Mabufudyne in P3 was hell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

http://www.ggez.space/
    Looks like a good guide site for P5. Not mobile compatible unfortunately but goes over good Confidants to pursue early-game. Also has a Compendium with a link to a Fusion Calculator. Thank God we can pick what skills get passed down now, trying to get Lilith with Mabufudyne in P3 was hell.

Sounds like they adopted the SMT4 fusion system. That thing is a god send compared to the randomness that preceeded it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Got the OH to pick it up in Argos earlier. Now, can I resist installing it and having a wee look. :D

/Edit: Nope, couldn't resist. Nice metal game case too. Eh, no day one patch? Surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Argos has the steelbook version which was a nice surprise. Had it for FFXV too.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

I'm assuming if you can't reserve a copy in your local Argos it means they're out of stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

ShaneU wrote: »
    Argos has the steelbook version which was a nice surprise. Had it for FFXV too.

Bought both of those there, only good thing about living in the middle of nowhere is Argos always has the games in stock.

Just hoping I put more than 15 hours into Persona before abandoning it, like FFXV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Hi all. Never tried Persona series before but I've been hearing good things about this game and I adore turn-based combat, such a rarity these days. Where would be the best place to pick this up for the best price? Thanks!

Hi all. Never tried Persona series before but I've been hearing good things about this game and I adore turn-based combat, such a rarity these days. Where would be the best place to pick this up for the best price? Thanks!

Argos have it for €56 and Littlewoods are selling it for €60. GameStop have stock at €70 and Amazon France have it for €55 plus shipping.

Nope, starts with the core group already having their Personas and the ending cuts to the protagonist locked in the Velvet Room stating that what was just shown was a possibility.
    Xenji wrote: »
    It was just a once off marketing tool, it included another half hour of people talking about the game.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah it's kind of just fluff but have a nice teaser of the look and atmosphere of the game.

Woop~ thanks guys! Will end up watching cause it will be bad enough resisting the game until May :( ahaha
    There isn't enough on thd PS4 for me, so I'm not in a rush for one yet.
    Yeah I'm waiting til I play it a bit anyway even though it's not spoilers.
    Great! I hope mine will get shipped soon too.

It was a worth buy for me but I love so many different genres of games that there was a ton of stuff, that said I got it 2 years after launch and still had to save for months :pac:

I just got the e-mail confirmation for the shipping so its real! I hope yours gets shipped as well, also if you got it on Amazon uk there was a price drop of ~7 euro :D

Also here's a video of me expressing my feelings, I was a guy at the time...

• Advertisement

Woop~ thanks guys! Will end up watching cause it will be bad enough resisting the game until May :( ahaha

I just got the e-mail confirmation for the shipping so its real! I hope yours gets shipped as well, also if you got it on Amazon uk there was a price drop of ~7 euro :D
    That's such a bummer about the wait but lucky about the reduction.
    I got the ps3 version from France so hopefully it won't be too long.
    Looking at all my cool stuff will keep me going lol. I've anime to catch up for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Persona 4 Golden (Vita) is only E4.99 on the store currently:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/persona-4-golden/cid=EP1063-PCSB00245_00-PERSONA4GOLDEN01

I've started playing it again before I get P5.

That's such a bummer about the wait but lucky about the reduction.
    I got the ps3 version from France so hopefully it won't be too long.
    Looking at all my cool stuff will keep me going lol. I've anime to catch up for now.

I'll be avoiding everything like the godamn plague :( aha
    The reduction was such a nice surprise...the gift that keeps on giving!
    I hope it won't take long for you too imagine the feels when it happens oh lawd :pac:
    What anime are you watching? Honestly all the assignments I have just make me want to play it more :pac:

I hope it won't take long for you too imagine the feels when it happens oh lawd :pac:
    What anime are you watching? Honestly all the assignments I have just make me want to play it more :pac:
    Personally I'm watching too much anime, usually end up around 20 series per season.

Just got confirmation that Parcel Wizard will be delivering my TYH tomorrow, will only get to install it before my evening course then I'm down in Cork for Kaizokucon until Sunday.

It'll be tough to avoid it all, it was hard enough before it was even out like.
    Hopefully it won't be too long.
    Very off topic, the season 2 of Space Dandy :pac:

Very off topic, the season 2 of Space Dandy :pac:

Thats very dandy, baby.

My TYH edition arrived, only two hours of work left and have taken the rest of the week off for this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    My TYH edition arrived, only two hours of work left and have taken the rest of the week off for this

Knowing you, You'll have it finished by easter I'd say Xenji :pac:

Knowing you, You'll have it finished by easter I'd say Xenji :pac:

Maybe if it was on the Vita :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's more Persona, but interestingly so.

While there's plenty familiar about the first hour or two, it's also a welcome departure. The tone is noticeably different: the change of location means that's inevitable, but certainly there's already a slightly more jaded, even hostile edge to the characters that differentiates it.

It's a masterpiece of UI design: its slick, devil-may-care attitude baked into the very design in an even more impressive way than its predecessors.

Enjoying the flashback structure to frame the narrative, helps that the transitions back are suitably stylish. Translation work is a tad clunky at times, and for some reason incidental audio (such as TV footage) isn't subtitled with Japanese voice enabled (also: make sure you manually turn on video subs in the first place).

Loving its portrayal of Tokyo. The first time you're properly let out into the city you have to follow a confusing route to the Ginza Line, which is a remarkably accurate encapsulation of the city :pac:

I have also already lost several minutes by refusing to click continue on the level up screen due to the obscenely funky victory theme looping.

Advertisement