Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The SP system has always pretty much regulated how much you can do at a time in the series, think it's one of the more blatant ways the designers set the pace and difficulty of the early game at least. Nothing like those few fights when you're trying to save your SP to push a bit further - although those horses with summon are assholes in such circumstances!

I believe I'm just outside the boss room with nine days to go. Need a few lock picks though as there were some locked chests teasing me as I worked my way to the top!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The SP system has always pretty much regulated how much you can do at a time, think it's one of the more blatant ways the designers set the pace and difficulty of the early game at least. Nothing like those few fights when you're trying to save your SP to push a bit further - although those horses with summon are assholes in such circumstances!

I believe I'm just outside the boss room with nine days to go. Need a few lock picks though as there were some locked chests teasing me as I worked my way to the top!

Yes those horse bastards killed me a few times, I under estimated them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Anyone know if there are any physical copies around Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Personally I'm watching too much anime, usually end up around 20 series per season.

Just got confirmation that Parcel Wizard will be delivering my TYH tomorrow, will only get to install it before my evening course then I'm down in Cork for Kaizokucon until Sunday.
    Yeah I watched one new anime per week last summer needless to say i did not get a tan :pac:
    Hope you enjoy your TYH! The bag looks to be pretty nifty!
    I was going to Kaizokucon but no hope :( have fun!!

It'll be tough to avoid it all, it was hard enough before it was even out like.
    Hopefully it won't be too long.
    Very off topic, the season 2 of Space Dandy :pac:

Oh yeah its so hard but I have to in the name of Persona feels :pac:
    Amazon said mine is arriving on Wednesday which seems kinda long from the UK but oh well!

I haven't watched Space Dandy but for some reason the description makes me laugh...anime series for this summer #1:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

And there was me thinking it was gonna be a quick run :pac:

Sure 5sp is nothing :pac:

I was hoping to get the castle done in one run, like I somehow managed in the P4 dungeons. No such luck this time around. Those knight (Berith persona) enemies you come up against hit pretty damn hard. Take one hit and you're easily down to 'danger here' health.

Hey, don't knock it! 5sp is enough for a life saving Dia spell :p

Apparently the Death Confidant allows you to buy SP recovering accessories at a certain rank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Glico Man wrote: »
    Apparently the Death Confidant allows you to buy SP recovering accessories at a certain rank.

A weird as **** social link that is, albeit one that fits the grimmer and indeed grimier vibe of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any physical copies around Dublin?

Showing stock in GameStop on Henry Street and Dun Laoghaire.

https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=59540&variantType=New

Call before going in as held copies for preorders etc still show up as in stock on the stock checker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

It's here! But having trouble getting my PS3 version, boo :( (seller problems)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The harder dungeons sound interesting. Seems like a step back to its old school Shin Megami Tensei roots were you need to dungeon dive until you get enough exp/knowledge to make it to a save point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any tips for the first boss fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Any tips for the first boss fight?

I take it this is for Kamoshida? What level are you at? Whats your Persona 'deck' like? Do you have any buff/debuff spells? They're your best friend in boss fights. If you don't have any debuffs for the boss, keep using attack buffs on your characters as best you can.

What I did was basically the following...
    Don't use any SP, it'll be a waste as he restores his health with the chalice. When that is available to attack, destroy that with physical attacks. Use Morgana for healing/items, send Ryuji to take the crown as he can't use healing spells. Then use a attack buff on your character, a defence debuff on the boss and light him up with your best attacks.

Cheers gilco!

Fantastic first boss, can be quite rare to have a novel take on a turn-based fight but the mix of familiar SMT combat and more set-piece driven elements worked great. Hopefully that level of design ambition will carry on throughout!

I must say that was a fantastic first boss fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Just about to start the first dungeon proper and the hearing of having to do multiple trips is going to irritate me since Persona 4 has me conditioned to go through dungeons in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I just replied to a question about my outfit with "you jelly". 10 out of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I just replied to a question about my outfit with "you jelly". 10 out of 10.

In one of the later conversations, a team-mate tells you to reply to someone with something witty and one of the responses is just "Something witty".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The "Time to button mash" line had me and the girlfriend in tears laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    In one of the later conversations, a team-mate tells you to reply to someone with something witty and one of the responses is just "Something witty".

A bit like The Witcher. Reply with "F*ck Off" but Geralt would say something like "I really need you to get out of my way"

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Managed to get to the treasure of the first dungeon in one day, though it did involve a lot of angry reloading and swallowing my pride and redoing three hours on Easy - on Normal difficulty I only made it to the
    base of the tower
    before I ran out of SP. I had to because I'm doing killscottkill's Max Confidant run. Before anyone gives out to me, I'll probably only have time for one playthrough of this game and I'm going to make it a good one. It took me three years to finish P3P...

I like the separation of story bosses from their dungeon, like in P3 - I didn't like the way they handled it in P4, it made dungeon runs much more stressful.

Something nice (well, not nice, but a nice allusion) I noticed is that the boss of that first dungeon is called
    Asmodeus - the demon associated with the deadly sin of lust.

• Advertisement

megaten wrote: »
    Just about to start the first dungeon proper and the hearing of having to do multiple trips is going to irritate me since Persona 4 has me conditioned to go through dungeons in one go.

Ended up only needing two trips for the first dungeon which wasn't too bad. I'm liking the cast a lot so far too. Morgana is leagues above teddie in terms of mascot characters

Had to cancel my game order from Amazon.fr, boo.
    Thankfully I was away all weekend so I didn't miss it too much.
    I got it new from graingergames.co.uk for £38.99 on PS3 new. I've a 10% off from buying it that I won't use if anyone wants it let me know. (It's for pre owned games)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Really enjoying this on Remote Play. Lying in bed with the electric blanket on. Nerd heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Any tips on how to best the second boss battle? It's doing my head in! .
    struggling against Madarames second round of being a painting (what an odd sentence to type!) .

He keeps restoring himself and I have don't have a persona that deal multiple physical damage to take out two sections at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Just got an answer wrong in class. It's as bad as I remember it being in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Paleblood wrote: »
    Just got an answer wrong in class. It's as bad as I remember it being in real life.

You can check the internets answers by pressing the touch pad, quite a few obscure Japanese questions in there.

How often should you be fusing personas?

How often should you be fusing personas?

You should always be trying to get Persona's with the strongest stats since they define your characters stats not your level. Just make sure you always have spells you find the most useful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

In Shin Megami Tensei games you should always be fusing. This isn't pokemon. Demon's level up very slowly and usually top out on skills after a few levels. Keep fussing to get higher level demons.

• Advertisement

Graingergames cancelled my order and I've not found the PS3 version in stock anywhere, I want a physical copy.
    Just wanted to check if anyone had see it in stock before I order one that I've to wait a week to ship.
    Thanks in advance <3

Advertisement