Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Id say if thats the case its because theyre DLC personas? not sure

I had no idea they existed, where/how did you get a DLC persona?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nix wrote: »
    Id say if thats the case its because theyre DLC personas? not sure

Think they come with the costume sets.

Think they come with the costume sets.

Was this from a certain edition of the game? :confused:

Was this from a certain edition of the game? :confused:

2 dlc Persona packs available at €2.99 each on the store, one for Orpheus(P3 protagonists starter persona) and Izanagi(P4 protagonists starter persona).

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/search/q=persona%205

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I'm not sure really.

I bought the digital version of the game. I downloaded everything that came with it, such as Japanese audio, theme, etc. I guess they were in there somewhere.

I'd say if you were a competent player they'd leave you way overpowered. Fortunately I absolutely suck at the game (so far!) so I'm happy using them from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I have my PS4 over two years and I've only now just realised that (a) you can wake up the PS4 from Remote Play and that (b) you can suspend games while you're in rest mode.

So I've got my Vita in rest mode, my PS4 in rest mode and Persona 5 suspended in the background. It takes about 30 seconds to wake everything up and start playing in Remote Play. Nice.

I love how the game looks on my 48" Samsung but it looks fantastic on my OLED Vita. It shows up less of the jaggies and just feel 'right' as a handheld title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Best game of the year so far for me.

4 dungeons down and I'm loving every second spent playing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I didn't realise skill cards can be given to any persona. I don't remember P4 being like that at least. I've now got a level 19 Orobas with garu, agi, zio and bufu. If I get some hama and mudo skill cards I'll be well set.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doubling down on elemental magic instead of stat buffs/debuffs.

SMT baptism of fire incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Doubling down on elemental magic instead of stat buffs/debuffs.

SMT baptism of fire incoming.

I'm well versed in the SMT methods, but thanks for the concern :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Great game....but ABSOLUTELY SICK OF the same battle tune over and over and over and the same victory theme.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Great game....but ABSOLUTELY SICK OF the same battle tune over and over and over and the same victory theme.

You're only at stage 2. Stage 3 is when you start singing along to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Heathen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Shocking. Usually you can change it, I never did tho. Says online there's dlc music https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835628-persona-5/75227890

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

So guys its been 3 weeks and my game has not arrived yet. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Having finished the second main dungeon, I'm a good bit in now. While I am enjoying the experience overall, I can't muster the level of enthusiasm about it I would like to either.

There are, no question, things it does exceedingly well. Obviously it's thrillingly stylish even by Persona standards. The dungeon designs are undeniably orders of magnitude more interesting than the previous games, and most of the quality of life improvements are very well judged. And when you get drawn into the day-by-day cycle of the game, there is still nothing at all like it.

And yet there's a certain spark missing. For all the refinements to the core gameplay, it feels lacking in ambition and surprises where its predecessors revelled in them. As a veteran of Persona 4's notably drawn out opening hours, the 20 hours or so this game takes to truly let you off the leash are even more frustrating. Then there's the translation, which just does not allow the characters to soar the way they did in previous games - although sadly there is a certain element that the series archetypes are providing diminishing returns at this point. At its worst, the clunky translation actively interferes with the game's flow - in demon negotiation in particular. The lack of a compelling overall linking narrative is also a shame - there's nothing to match the small town mystery of P4.

This is still an excellent game, the formula potent enough to justify 'more of the same' to a certain degree. And yet... it feels like there's something missing. There is so much effort put into this game, but what that stunning delivery is used to say doesn't always feel like the effort was justified. There's dozens of hours to go, and no question I'll happily see them through. But it feels like the (inevitable?) Persona 6 needs to be the more radical, ambitious change in direction P3 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

REALLY?? I love it! :D:D:D

cinnamony wrote: »

Was it PS3 or PS4 both seem to be rare as hen's teeth now :(
    Deep Silver have done a poor job with publishing this, it was no.1 in the UK charts the week of release and not in the top 40 since which will tell you about the stock situation.

Chase up the seller and look for a replacement or refund as it appears to be lost in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Did you get it from Amazon using the Super Saver Delivery?

ERG89 wrote: »
    Was it PS3 or PS4 both seem to be rare as hen's teeth now :(
    Deep Silver have done a poor job with publishing this, it was no.1 in the UK charts the week of release and not in the top 40 since which will tell you about the stock situation.

PS4! Yeah I saw lots of people selling it for 100's now but tbh no way I would pay that much for a game, its out of stock here too :(
    Chase up the seller and look for a replacement or refund as it appears to be lost in the post.

I contacted Amazon and they gave a refund but said they can't track it because whoever they shipped it with provided no tracking info. TBH I was going to give them a bit more time, my sister has placed a ton of orders in the last few months and even though she paid for shipping it got stuck with An post for weeks (we know it was here already because we could track it).
    But considering this is from the UK I thought it was a bit of a stretch and played it safe :/
    Xenji wrote: »
    Did you get it from Amazon using the Super Saver Delivery?
    Yup I did! But I have used it before and it never took me more than 2 weeks or even 2 weeks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yup I did! But I have used it before and it never took me more than 2 weeks or even 2 weeks...

Chances are you ended up with Asendia then as the carrier, it may still arrive but more than likely it has been lost, people should really avoid the service when it comes to games as it is a widespread issue with them and even Amazon support have admitted it, it actually comes from Switzerland with them not the UK.

You can pick it up here if you do not mind waiting about 10-12 days or go with the DHL service and get it in about 2-3 days https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=23966

Same, I finished PW Spirit of Justice while I was waiting.
    I ordered mine from Amazon Fr. Shipped around the 10th I think, arrival date is the 27th "I doubt it'll take that long" I said to myself. Still waiting. I messaged to ask them why it was so long and got a fiver back. They said message again if it's not there by the due date.

Xenji wrote: »
    Chances are you ended up with Asendia then as the carrier, it may still arrive but more than likely it has been lost, people should really avoid the service when it comes to games as it is a widespread issue with them and even Amazon support have admitted it, it actually comes from Switzerland with them not the UK.

You can pick it up here if you do not mind waiting about 10-12 days or go with the DHL service and get it in about 2-3 days https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=23966

You're right it is with them, I actually didn't know this was an issue as I always buy my games from Amazon as do my friends and I never heard anything about it, but I see now that there are indeed about them. Considering how much money Amazon are losing with them its ridiculous nothing has been done about it. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep it in mind next time! Unfortunately I cannot buy it at the price it is on that website :(
    Same, I finished PW Spirit of Justice while I was waiting.
    I ordered mine from Amazon Fr. Shipped around the 10th I think, arrival date is the 27th "I doubt it'll take that long" I said to myself. Still waiting. I messaged to ask them why it was so long and got a fiver back. They said message again if it's not there by the due date.

Sorry to hear you're in the same situation :( I have been doing assignments like mad and was hoping for this as a 'reward' blegh heartbroken. I hope it still arrives as I've had so many orders get stuck in customs here lately :/ Hopefully it will arrive by the 27th for you!

Sorry to hear you're in the same situation :( I have been doing assignments like mad and was hoping for this as a 'reward' blegh heartbroken. I hope it still arrives as I've had so many orders get stuck in customs here lately :/ Hopefully it will arrive by the 27th for you!
    Fingers crossed, it's so expensive now and it was my 3rd time buying it.
    I go on and off playing games, after Ace Attorney I'm mad to play more stuff.
    I actually got a charm from Japan on the 28th last month but it only came Friday, normally I only had things take that long that are in bigger boxes with loads of pieces.
    I wonder if something is up, order a lot online but everything seems slow lately.

Fingers crossed, it's so expensive now and it was my 3rd time buying it.
    I go on and off playing games, after Ace Attorney I'm mad to play more stuff.
    I actually got a charm from Japan on the 28th last month but it only came Friday, normally I only had things take that long that are in bigger boxes with loads of pieces.
    I wonder if something is up, order a lot online but everything seems slow lately.

At this stage I'll light a candle for the two of us ffs :(
    Thats what I thought initially, I didn't imagine it was Amazon as my family got me games for Christmas from there and I got Uncharted 4 in February and they both arrived pretty quickly. My sis ordered something from Japan in February and it only arrived last week even though it came through Registered post:eek:

Persona 5 Weiss Schwarz Trading Cards Releasing in English on July 28, 2017 -

http://personacentral.com/persona-5-weiss-schwarz-trading-cards-releasing-english-july-28-2017/

"We are sorry that your package is late. If you have not received it by Wednesday, May 3rd , please return to this page to see what options are available to you"
    tenor.gif

"We are sorry that your package is late. If you have not received it by Wednesday, May 3rd , please return to this page to see what options are available to you"
    tenor.gif

Who did you order from? :confused:

EDIT: ah amazon fr, have you used them before?

Who did you order from? :confused:

EDIT: ah amazon fr, have you used them before?

I have, their delivery times are usually about a week just like Amazon Germany.

• Advertisement

I have, their delivery times are usually about a week just like Amazon Germany.
    Yeah I found both de and fr grand before. Should have been here yesterday.
    What a bummer.

Advertisement