Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

All of the Personas required for the twin are obtained through fusion. You will need to either inherit or use a gallows execution to obtain the required skill.

Yeah, but I don't have the personas required to make the fusion, nor have I encountered them since the first (or maybe second) Palace. I guess I need to wander the early levels of mementos to obtain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah, but I don't have the personas required to make the fusion, nor have I encountered them since the first (or maybe second) Palace. I guess I need to wander the early levels of mementos to obtain them.

You can fuse the early Personas if you dont have them.

This is a very good resource for fusing the required personas.

Bit annoying that there doesn't seem to be anywhere in game to confirm what the next required persona/ability combo is after being initially told by the twins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

There are a few GameStop stores that currently have stock of the PS3 version if one is nearby.

https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=62065&variantType=New
    Thanks so much sniper_samurai! Finally have it now, over the moon. I'll start it when I'm feeling better.
    I didn't even think of it GS store location thing ... or I did once and have up on it, I forget which lol. My friend in Canada was gonna post me a copy but it was hard to figure out the tax, itd cost me the same I'd say after postage and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

I got my copy on friday and havent been able to stop since (with the exception of a few breaks of course) I am on the second palace right now and let me just say, the dub for this game is on point so far. Great voice actors the Japanese pronounciations are less cringy and to top it off there have been no characters I dislike yet (except the bad ones obv). My only gripes are:
    1. I cant date myself, wish I could cause I am hot ffs
    2. Wish there was more freedom, I find the fact that you cant do anything during the days leading up to a new target kinda silly.

Just saw this on Facebook (hopefully it works)
    18556949_1351949284879413_6747997711676648846_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c66731f0de40a0285bc581cced27569c&oe=59C29BD3
    cinnamony wrote: »
    My only gripes are:
    1. I cant date myself, wish I could cause I am hot ffs
    I have trouble with 1 IRL all the time lol jkjk.
    Dating yourself seems like more a P3 thing, I can totally imagine it with Minato.
    I didn't start yet, can't wait to pick my wifu jkjk :pac:

• Advertisement

I hope one of those images is not a spoiler.

I hope one of those images is not a spoiler.
    Is it? I wouldn't know, haven't started yet and don't know much about the characters, was still avoiding stuff.
    Is it you think you there's an extra party member you haven't got yet? It might just be for symmetry too.

Is it? I wouldn't know, haven't started yet and don't know much about the characters, was still avoiding stuff.
    Is it you think you there's an extra party member you haven't got yet? It might just be for symmetry too.

Nah, it's not the party members, sure they are on the cover ha.

It's one in particular that stands out as odd. Maybe I'm wrong as what it implies (to me at least) doesn't make sense. I'm not gonna Google it either just in case ha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Minor item spoilers tagged merely out of consideration ;)

Very much recommend getting up to level 7 on the
    Death arcana
    asap, gives you affordable access to an accessory that
    gives you 7 SP every turn
    . Very handy way to conserve a bit of energy to extend your dungeon crawls!

Just saw this on Facebook (hopefully it works)
    18556949_1351949284879413_6747997711676648846_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c66731f0de40a0285bc581cced27569c&oe=59C29BD3

I have trouble with 1 IRL all the time lol jkjk.
    Dating yourself seems like more a P3 thing, I can totally imagine it with Minato.
    I didn't start yet, can't wait to pick my wifu jkjk :pac:

Oh my fack their noses :pac:

Yeah its so hard to look in the mirror in the morning amd having to look away :D
    I only started Friday and I'm already having trouble picking who I want to pursue :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah its so hard to look in the mirror in the morning amd having to look away :D
    I only started Friday and I'm already having trouble picking who I want to pursue :pac: :pac:
    Narcissus isn't a bad Persona either lol jkjk.
    That's a good complaint, haven't started yet, a bit sick, dizzy, so can't concentrate all the time. Sometime in the week, it'll take a day just picking a name anyway.
    9029055c66a9b37a61357b270b80b9df.jpg
    (This is funny : http://2.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/63/21/b49b454937dc26d2bd96940a805b54b9.jpg)

I'm going with Jirokichi Nakamura , not that original, "the name comes from the historical thief Rat Boy Jirokichi". Plus rat boy is a Simpson's thing and Nakamura is one of my favourite artists http://www.yusukenakamura.net - hooray!

I know, very boring, nobody cares, ect ect, I'm just posting anyway, free thread bumps. Maybe I might find my kindred spirit who also over thinks the characters name. :pac:

For future people picking names and don't want the manga name this might help:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentleman_thief

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just finished it tonight.

96 hours of sheer bliss!

Loved every minute of it but now I'm at a loss as to what to play now.

96 hours of sheer bliss!

Have you played 3 and 4 already? You could go back or SMTIV maybe?

tumblr_inline_opqmbklvjX1u51lkn_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

96 hours of sheer bliss!

Have you played 3 and 4 already? You could go back or SMTIV maybe?
    Played them all.

Played them all.
    Cool :) I couldn't remember who had and who hadn't from the start of the thread when people were asking. If you've gone through all the older SMT games, JRPG thread might give you some ideas, some of the regular posters are here too.
    Or you could watch the anime / movies, not the same but it's something.

It's a shame they don't have any plans for DLC beyond skins.

Played them all.
    What about Tokyo Mirage? Just thought of it and said it'd be worth asking incase it was helpful.

Wonder what people do here, kill the enemy or hold them up for money/item/persona? I noticed that I am about 8 levels lower than the average at my stage, and I mostly hold enemies up instead of killing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wonder what people do here, kill the enemy or hold them up for money/item/persona? I noticed that I am about 8 levels lower than the average at my stage, and I mostly hold enemies up instead of killing.

Depends on if I roll an increased money/better item negotiation,otherwise I eliminate or capture them.

Depends on if I roll an increased money/better item negotiation,otherwise I eliminate or capture them.

That makes sense, I tend to just get money if I don't want to capture. It's lead to me having a lot of cash but lower than average level (although I'm still higher than the shadows in the palaces). I totally forgot you didn't get full xp unless you kill till tonight, after 80 hours of game time ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

I usually go for items at least once to see if they drop revival beads or something else useful. I only ask for money if I really need it or don't think I can kill them with an all out attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Unless I need the Persona, I usually just kill them, money is easy to come by and honestly you should not really need to be using many items at all on normal mode or below.

I don't know if I'm the only one but the characters in this game (especially morgana and the protagonist) grew onto me so much I actually feel depressed I finished the game. Honestly, really happy I got it my only complaint is the romance is really boring and underdone but that doesn't take away too much from this masterpiece.

I'll be starting a new game + soon so I can explore more, max all socials and listen to the japanese voices. Unfortunately the player level doesnt carry over which sucks because I did so much grinding in my first playthrough :(

BTW if I didn't have the Persona already I would negotiate otherwise I'd go in for the kill!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Happens at the end of all the persona games. It's like saying goodbye to a real group of friends.

I don't know if I'm the only one but the characters in this game (especially morgana and the protagonist) grew onto me so much I actually feel depressed I finished the game.
    Wow you really flew through it, we'd our copies around the same time. I'm only dine the first castle

This was my old post from further back, tempted to do it but trying to think of funny ones.
    Anyone think if something fun / clever
    I think I'll be copying it
    tumblr_oo4ff0kmj91tnxrj4o2_1280.jpg
    So when I get game over I can be like

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Happens at the end of all the persona games. It's like saying goodbye to a real group of friends.
    Thats it! I actually cried at the end of Persona 3 ahaha
    Wow you really flew through it, we'd our copies around the same time. I'm only dine the first castle

I really couldnt peel myself away from it! But you were sick for a while too, glad to hear you seem to be feeling better :)

Also I just realized I cant play in Japanese because of localization aha so I'm doing my 2nd playthrough in English. Btw did you guys notice that easter egg at the train station??

• Advertisement

Thats it! I actually cried at the end of Persona 3 ahaha
    So did I, it was a great ending though.
    I really couldnt peel myself away from it! But you were sick for a while too, glad to hear you seem to be feeling better :)

Also I just realized I cant play in Japanese because of localization aha so I'm doing my 2nd playthrough in English. Btw did you guys notice that easter egg at the train station??
    Thanks! That's true, I was too exhausted to enjoy it, finished my 2nd antibiotic yesterday, nothing major just wouldn't shift.
    That's strange, why is that stopping you?

No what's the Easter Egg? I saw on TV the Detective Prince anime based on Naoto, that was cute

Advertisement