Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So did I, it was a great ending though.

Thanks! That's true, I was too exhausted to enjoy it, finished my 2nd antibiotic yesterday, nothing major just wouldn't shift.
    That's strange, why is that stopping you?

No what's the Easter Egg? I saw on TV the Detective Prince anime based on Naoto, that was cute

There are posters for Rise and Kanami from P4:DAN in shibuya station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

There are posters for Rise and Kanami from P4:DAN in shibuya station.
    I didn't see that I'll have to look, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

I think the TV can also talk about Yukiko running the Amagi Inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Uehara is also mentioned by Takemi and is still working in a hospital and Rise is mentioned on the TV as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

So did I, it was a great ending though.

Thanks! That's true, I was too exhausted to enjoy it, finished my 2nd antibiotic yesterday, nothing major just wouldn't shift.
    That's strange, why is that stopping you?

No what's the Easter Egg? I saw on TV the Detective Prince anime based on Naoto, that was cute

True, it was a great ending! I thought I'd gotten a bad ending though at first :pac:

Well I hope the antibiotics helped kick it for good! The games themselves arent region locked but DLC is, so I'd have to download the Japanese audio from a Canadian account :(

I haven't seen the TV easter eggs yet, thank God I have been paying more attention to the TV this time around :pac:

Also you can get the Rise poster as a gift, I think I got it from Ann if I remember correctly!

• Advertisement

cinnamony wrote: »
    True, it was a great ending! I thought I'd gotten a bad ending though at first :pac:

Well I hope the antibiotics helped kick it for good! The games themselves arent region locked but DLC is, so I'd have to download the Japanese audio from a Canadian account :(

Also you can get the Rise poster as a gift, I think I got it from Ann if I remember correctly!
    I thought that too OMG! Googling the "true ending" straight after lol.

Yeah I'm grand now. Oh I see, I'd trouble getting the audio but I didn't install it derp, not mad on Yusuke's voice (just met him) so I've changed the audio lol. Igor 's is really bothering me too.

Hopefully I can get the poster :)

I thought that too OMG! Googling the "true ending" straight after lol.

Yeah I'm grand now. Oh I see, I'd trouble getting the audio but I didn't install it derp, not mad on Yusuke's voice (just met him) so I've changed the audio lol. Igor 's is really bothering me too.

Hopefully I can get the poster :)

That was me as well and I could barely see cause of the tears :pac:

Glad to hear it! Oh yeah I was taken aback by Igor too it kinda confused me why they changed his voice for the English version although I know his Japanese VA died. I hate Ann's voice in the Japanese track btw, she sounds like she is 40 or something :pac: I really love the protagonists voice in both versions, too sexy too sexy. Awesome job with Ryuji too, I love how crazy he is aha

Just do what I did and go for the girl with the boobies..I mean...follow your heart!

That was me as well and I could barely see cause of the tears :pac:

Glad to hear it! Oh yeah I was taken aback by Igor too it kinda confused me why they changed his voice for the English version although I know his Japanese VA died. I hate Ann's voice in the Japanese track btw, she sounds like she is 40 or something :pac: I really love the protagonists voice in both versions, too sexy too sexy. Awesome job with Ryuji too, I love how crazy he is aha

Just do what I did and go for the girl with the boobies..I mean...follow your heart!
    Tbf, it wasn't as bad as Earthbound or Mother 3 but it was pretty tearful.

I suppose I get it, solidarity with the Japanese team bit they could have went similar. I was just about to say "why didn't they get your man that did Mido in SMTIV" and from a quick search they did, whoops, he could have done closer to that one really.

Ann is meant to be English speaking isn't she? Is that why her voice is strange? I'm not a massive fan of it either. It was a bad idea to change to Japanese
    because of the Shogan / Goemon stuff in the palace
    . Totally agree on the MC's voice, definitely my favourite MC of all the games.

Tbf, it wasn't as bad as Earthbound or Mother 3 but it was pretty tearful.

I suppose I get it, solidarity with the Japanese team bit they could have went similar. I was just about to say "why didn't they get your man that did Mido in SMTIV" and from a quick search they did, whoops, he could have done closer to that one really.

Ann is meant to be English speaking isn't she? Is that why her voice is strange? I'm not a massive fan of it either. It was a bad idea to change to Japanese
    because of the Shogan / Goemon stuff in the palace
    . Totally agree on the MC's voice, definitely my favourite MC of all the games.

Yeah I guess it makes sense in the same way most bands disband after the main singer dies..

Yeah but shes only a quarter American and seems to have been in Japan for a few years I honestly cant figure out what the decision was to make her sound like shes a more mature woman especially considering her personality...

In that case you make like this:

https://youtu.be/pbTt0iz-Wvc

Unfortunately cannot find a japanese version.
    Also idk if its just me but him and FeMC would make a great pair :pac:

I honestly cant figure out what the decision was to make her sound like shes a more mature woman especially considering her personality...

In that case you make like this:

https://youtu.be/pbTt0iz-Wvc

Unfortunately cannot find a japanese version.
    Also idk if its just me but him and FeMC would make a great pair :pac:
    I dunno what kinda personality she has yet TBH. I know how she is in reacting to the main story but otherwise she's kinda, blank I think. I'm only 3 in the social link.
    Finished the castle early, had like 10 days left so
    did what Johnny Ultimate posted earlier about the Death social link
    I'm out but I'm sure I'll love the track,

Fem MC3 from P3? Yeah I get that too.

When do more social links open I feel like I'm missing a few I have Fool, Strength, Lovers, Chariot, Moon and Death
    I can meet the teacher now, (I knew, googled a picture if her to show my friend I thought we'd similar hair lol) and whatever your guardian is
    How do I start meeting Yusuke, I assume after the days are up, and Morgana?

• Advertisement

I dunno what kinda personality she has yet TBH. I know how she is in reacting to the main story but otherwise she's kinda, blank I think. I'm only 3 in the social link.
    Finished the castle early, had like 10 days left so
    did what Johnny Ultimate posted earlier about the Death social link
    I'm out but I'm sure I'll love the track,

Fem MC3 from P3? Yeah I get that too.

When do more social links open I feel like I'm missing a few I have Fool, Strength, Lovers, Chariot, Moon and Death
    I can meet the teacher now, (I knew, googled a picture if her to show my friend I thought we'd similar hair lol) and whatever your guardian is
    How do I start meeting Yusuke, I assume after the days are up, and Morgana?

I think you'll see as you go through the story what I mean with her personality aha

Yes! Sorry I always forget she wasn't the only female protagonist in the Persona series -duh-:rolleyes:
    I would also pay special attention to the teacher and moon arcana as well as death, also apparently the Sun arcana is important too but I have only just started. Also yeah you have to wait for the change of heart to happen I think Yusuke is not available at all before then

Btw I love the teacher's social link, it can be really funny at times :D

I think you'll see as you go through the story what I mean with her personality aha

Yes! Sorry I always forget she wasn't the only female protagonist in the Persona series -duh-:rolleyes:
    I would also pay special attention to the teacher and moon arcana as well as death, also apparently the Sun arcana is important too but I have only just started. Also yeah you have to wait for the change of heart to happen I think Yusuke is not available at all before then

Btw I love the teacher's social link, it can be really funny at times :D
    Persona 2 whichever one has a female lead I think? But I dunno if you name them, P3 does.

I have Death on 4 but not brave enough to start the other one.
    Yusuke is staying with me now so I assume it'll be soon now. Moon works up EXP? I haven't found Sun yet. I met Justice / Goro
    so I've another social link now. The change of heart just happened.

Persona 2 whichever one has a female lead I think? But I dunno if you name them, P3 does.

I have Death on 4 but not brave enough to start the other one.
    Yusuke is staying with me now so I assume it'll be soon now. Moon works up EXP? I haven't found Sun yet. I met Justice / Goro
    so I've another social link now. The change of heart just happened.

Yeah it was Persona 2, I can't remember well either but I think she had a predefined name.

I have Death on 6 and just finished the second castle but this is my 2nd playthrough :). Exactly! I think I leveled up pretty fast in my first playthrough due to that!
    Sun hangs around the Station Square in shibuya but you need to talk to him and then work at the beef bowl job and talk to him again to start up his link. Oh yeah I think he boosts your negotiation skills!

Yeah it was Persona 2, I can't remember well either but I think she had a predefined name.

I have Death on 6 and just finished the second castle but this is my 2nd playthrough :). Exactly! I think I leveled up pretty fast in my first playthrough due to that!
    Sun hangs around the Station Square in shibuya but you need to talk to him and then work at the beef bowl job and talk to him again to start up his link. Oh yeah I think he boosts your negotiation skills!
    I can't remember, I haven't played it either.

Oh I know the guy! I tried to go in there but I think you've to go after you're invited. That's really handy!
    That's so fast, I didn't realize the books were so good to get stats up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Finished this last night, loved it. My first time finishing a JRPG too! I'd like to replay it, but it took me 115 hours to complete, so I think I will leave it for a while! Soundtrack is fantastic!

Benzino wrote: »
    Finished this last night, loved it. My first time finishing a JRPG too! I'd like to replay it, but it took me 115 hours to complete, so I think I will leave it for a while! Soundtrack is fantastic!

Second playthrough shouldn't be as long as you start ng+ with your social stats, some of your confidant abilities and your end game equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Second playthrough shouldn't be as long as you start ng+ with your social stats, some of your confidant abilities and your end game equipment.

Ah that is cool, think I might Horizon next though. Too many good games on the PS4 to play at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I got the Persona 4 costumes DLC, it changes the battle music to PS4. I'm so happy now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Whoever invented the Persona 5 IM app for Android. Thank you :)

ERG89 wrote: »
    Whoever invented the Persona 5 IM app for Android. Thank you :)
    Oh cool, how does it work? Is it texts or a separate messenger app? I'm already using 4 so I don't need another :pac:

• Advertisement

It just replaces your normal SMS app but it's done exactly as the app on the game is so it's pretty nice. Android only probably

fixxxer wrote: »
    It just replaces your normal SMS app but it's done exactly as the app on the game is so it's pretty nice. Android only probably
    Thatd be awesome, how long are you using it?

Thatd be awesome, how long are you using it?

Since it came out almost. The device has had a good few updates as well, but it's never crashed or had issues while I've used it.

"Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night & Persona 5: Dancing Star Night Announced for PlayStation Vita, Spring 2018 Release"

http://personacentral.com/persona-3-dancing-moon-night-persona-5-dancing-star-night-announced-playstation-vita-spring-2018-release/

"Persona Q 2 Announced, Features Persona 5"

http://personacentral.com/persona-q-2-announced/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Beat Persona 5 last night. Enjoyed it a lot and mechanically it felt much more fun. Status effects feel much more useful (though this might be because I'm just better at RPGs now) and being able to do increased damage after landing them is great.

Just about to finish this now I think. Has anyone started a +playthough? What carried over and is it much faster to play?

Might even look at a guide to max out all my confidants and stats this time.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Just about to finish this now I think. Has anyone started a +playthough? What carried over and is it much faster to play?

Might even look at a guide to max out all my confidants and stats this time.

All your equipment, money, social stats, your Persona Compendium and a specific social link ability from each max level social link(must talk to confidant on final day except Morgana to receive it).

This makes it a good bit quicker for ng+. You will walk through the early dungeons with the end game gear and being able to grab the personas without negotiating, and you shouldn't need to spend as much time if any raising your social stats allowing you to focus on social links outside of the dungeons.

All your equipment, money, social stats, your Persona Compendium and a specific social link ability from each max level social link(must talk to confidant on final day except Morgana to receive it).

This makes it a good bit quicker for ng+. You will walk through the early dungeons with the end game gear and being able to grab the personas without negotiating, and you shouldn't need to spend as much time if any raising your social stats allowing you to focus on social links outside of the dungeons.

Excellent. Thanks for that. I have a problem letting Persona games go :)

I'm still behind, took a long break, beat the 5th palace, everyone hate it? Few people on FB saying they hated it, was a bit annoying but I wasn't too fussed.
    Loving Futaba but have a soft spot for Haru too.
    I'm glad I'm closer to the flashback part and glad too that Phantom Thieves are now a heel, nice change up.

• Advertisement

I'm still behind, took a long break, beat the 5th palace, everyone hate it? Few people on FB saying they hated it, was a bit annoying but I wasn't too fussed.
    Loving Futaba but have a soft spot for Haru too.
    I'm glad I'm closer to the flashback part and glad too that Phantom Thieves are now a heel, nice change up.

I found the 3rd Palace the worst, very long and not super interesting. I thought the 5th was fairly straight forward to be honest. It looked on the map a lot worse than it was.

Advertisement