Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

I got to the save point in the dungeon early on but then after that it went 2 game days without a save option, running around the school. **** like that annoys me especially if something comes up where you have to leave etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Parsnips wrote: »
    I got to the save point in the dungeon early on but then after that it went 2 game days without a save option, running around the school. **** like that annoys me especially if something comes up where you have to leave etc.
    Hmm, that should rarely happen. 99% of the time you will end up in your room at the end of day, you won't always be able to do anything but you should always be able to save via the options key.

But yeah it is a very dialogue heavy game. I've been plugging my way through Royal (about 75 hours in now) and I'm a little disappointed that it hasn't really addressed the problem of just being blasted by dialogue for 1 or 2 hours in between palaces with little to actually do during that time, which was easily the most irritating aspect of the vanilla game too. Probably my only real gripe with the game, though, it's fantastic. One of the greatest JRPG's ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

So, I bought this game when It launched and I loved it. However, for some reason I ended up deleting it off my PS4 (probably because I needed to make room for something else) and I never went back to it. I started replaying it over the weekend and although it took me a very long time to remember what was going on in the story it all slowly started coming back to me.
    What a brilliant game, maybe one of the best I've ever played and I'm a person who usually HATES turn based combat. I'm around 65 hours in at this stage, how much of the game do I have left? Was hoping to get it completed before my PS5 arrives and I dive into Demon's Souls

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Depends where you are in the game? Play times in this thread have varied from 80 hours to well over 100!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Depends where you are in the game? Play times in this thread have varied from 80 hours to well over 100!
    We brought Futuba on a nice day out to the beach. that's where I am :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I think you're about to tackle the 5th palace? There are 7 palaces in total excluding mementos. I done a fair bit of side stuff progressing through the game but i dont think i went ham, i may have at first but think my interest in doing everything waned the further i progressed.

Its one of those games that just feels like its going on forever, i remember thinking i was near the end of the game at one point and i ended up putting another 20+ hours into it to get to the end. I think by the time i finished it i had hit the 120hr mark. So i wouldnt try rushing it before ps5 day, you likely wont make it, if you're loving it, take your time and enjoy it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I'm a person who usually HATES turn based combat.

Turn based combat is the best combat it's just that so many games do it badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Is it worth buying royal when 5 is free on PlayStation collection ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

brady12 wrote: »
    Is it worth buying royal when 5 is free on PlayStation collection ?

If you played and enjoyed P5 and want more of the same plus a little bit extra, its definitely worth playing. Has different systems that help and improve gameplay plus extends the year with another semester and more story, adds extra confidents as well as new persona etc etc.

If you haven't played P5, then the base game is definitely more than enough to get a taste of what Persona games have to offer. That may then entice you to play P5R, but I'd probably advise not to play them back to back as you'd more than likely suffer from burnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Glico Man wrote: »
    If you played and enjoyed P5 and want more of the same plus a little bit extra, its definitely worth playing. Has different systems that help and improve gameplay plus extends the year with another semester and more story, adds extra confidents as well as new persona etc etc.

If you haven't played P5, then the base game is definitely more than enough to get a taste of what Persona games have to offer. That may then entice you to play P5R, but I'd probably advise not to play them back to back as you'd more than likely suffer from burnout.

Does it solve the pacing issues? I'm after finishing the 4th Palace and finding it the worst section of the game so far. Waiting on an event before the story progresses and its been a continuous loop of going to bed, getting a message to meet someone next day, meeting them, going to bed etc. for about 2 weeks in the calendar. Struggling to get the motivation to get back into it. I enjoy the dungeons but the bits in between are really poorly paced in some places

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I haven’t played Royal as I ultimately found the base game a bit disappointing and don’t have another 80 hours to throw at it. But I think anyone who’s starting now should certainly consider Royal - by all accounts it’s a refinement, so definitely sounds like the way to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

I really enjoyed P5, one of my favourite games of the generation, but given that it was a good 100 hours long, there's no way I could make the time to do it all again in P5R.

If I had never played either, I'd go ahead and start with Royal to get the definitive version. The game more than justifies the price in my opinion so I wouldn't let that get in the way when weighing them up. You could of course play the first hour or two of P5 for free and treat it as a demo, to see if the game is for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

skerry wrote: »
    Does it solve the pacing issues? I'm after finishing the 4th Palace and finding it the worst section of the game so far. Waiting on an event before the story progresses and its been a continuous loop of going to bed, getting a message to meet someone next day, meeting them, going to bed etc. for about 2 weeks in the calendar. Struggling to get the motivation to get back into it. I enjoy the dungeons but the bits in between are really poorly paced in some places

The pacing has certainly been improved. While it's not quite going to bed every night, there are a few more distractions to help pass the time instead. Does help the time in between dungeons in that regard.

Advertisement