Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

February, 2017 - the release date??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Doodleking wrote: »
    February, 2017 - the release date??

Yup. US release date is 14th of February 2017. No word on the European release date as of yet. At least with it being with Deep Silver it should get a half decent CE. If their CE for Dead Island Riptide is anything to go on it will probably include a figurine of Mara.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If their CE for Dead Island Riptide is anything to go on it will probably include a figurine of Mara.

Sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks like I will be getting the 3 different collector editions then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Advertisement

UK release date confirmed as the 14th of Feb, just like the US. The Take Your Heart edition is also being released. [url] http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/persona_5/news/persona_5s_uk_and_eu_release_date_is_february_14_2017_2.html[/url]

UK release date confirmed as the 14th of Feb, just like the US. The Take Your Heart edition is also being released. [url] http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/persona_5/news/persona_5s_uk_and_eu_release_date_is_february_14_2017_2.html[/url]
    You beat me to it! :pac:
    I checked where I usually get games from the US and with postage works out about the same as the European version so not bad. I can't remember where I even pre-ordered a EU game last lol if it's about the same and I'll get it faster why not. (Oh wait I remember now, it was Chibi Robo that I paid 55 for and it's 15 now, no wonder I forgot lol)
    What game was it the pre-order was a good bit more expensive in EU? Was it P4DAN or something?

Atlus shared details on online features for Persona 5, which will let you get help from other players in different ways throughout the course of your journey in the upcoming RPG.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/30/persona-5s-online-features-allow-you-to-get-help-from-other-players-in-dungeons-battles-and-more/
    Not much on online features but there's some info on how the dungeons work

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Anyone importing this?

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Anyone importing this?
    I have mine ordered from base I think it's in ... Switzerland? It was recommended by another user.
    http://www.base.com/fsearch.htm?search=persona+5
    I'm hoping one of my friends will buy the PS3 version and I can swap with them, the most expensive one was PS4 only and I haven't got one.

• Advertisement

Atlus revealed a bunch of DLC for Persona 5, which includes a set of costumes and BGM from Revelations: Persona, Persona 2, Persona 3, Persona 4, and even Shin Megami Tensei If…
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/26/persona-5-steals-costumes-bgm-sets-past-persona-titles-latest-batch-dlc/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Those SMT if... costumes.

Damn!

I think I'll be copying it
    tumblr_odq5fsdC9i1txlyjvo1_1280.jpg
    So when I get game over I can be like

Catherine And Swimsuit Costumes DLC was released for free. I still haven't played Catherine yet (I know "OMG you have to" "boo" "hiss" ect) but I will, don't worry :).
    Persona 5 released two weeks ago, and Atlus announced that the hit RPG on PS4 and PS3 has already shipped over 550,000 copies. To celebrate, they’re releasing some DLC sets ahead of schedule, and for free.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/30/persona-5-ships-550000-copies-celebrates-catherine-swimsuit-costumes/

Saw on Facebook - "Persona 5 is not only the best selling Persona game in Japan, but now it's the best selling game in Atlus' history! Check the details here: "
    http://personacentral.com/persona-5-best-selling-release-atlus-history-japan/

tumblr_njfc98B25H1r9s07oo1_500.jpg

More DLC announced
    This time we see costume DLC for some of the spin-off games and other Shin Megami Tensei games! These include Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha, on top of the previously announced Catherine set.
    http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/more-persona-5-dlc-announced/

There isn't a general Persona thread so posting here
    The Persona series is celebrating its 20th anniversary with an event on December 8, and have opened a Persona 20th Anniversary Fes website, showing a visual featuring protagonists from the series and more.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/10/persona-series-readies-celebrate-20th-anniversary-protagonists-visual-event/

We previously got a look at the costumes & BGM sets from past Persona games that Persona 5 got as DLC, and Atlus has followed up with a closer look for a video showing outfits from the earlier Persona games.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/21/persona-5-collaboration-dlc-videos-show-costumes-bgm-past-persona-games/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Right,just wanted to ask coz ive never played any Persona Games ,ive seen some footage but im none the wiser as to what kind of games they are,saw the Persona 5 trailer and it looks visually stunning,
    Can someone give an utter Persona Noob a quick description?

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Right,just wanted to ask coz ive never played any Persona Games ,ive seen some footage but im none the wiser as to what kind of games they are,saw the Persona 5 trailer and it looks visually stunning,
    Can someone give an utter Persona Noob a quick description?

It sounds like the worst game ever. Basically it's a JRPG mixed with randomly generated dungeons with dating sim elements.

However the whole thing just works amazingly well together with all the parts feeding into one another. The dungeons have a lot of tension to them as even the basic enemies can take your team out if you aren't prepared. The focus is on taking enemies out as fast as possible, before they can act if you can but with the distance between save points you have to really manage resources. It's backed up by the Press Turn battle system from Shin Megami Tensei which is spectacularly good and leads to very strategic fights especially boss fights where buffs and debuff use is essential.

The dating sim elements are basically choosing which classmate to hang out with but they are all well written stories (no usual moe Japanese BS, they're real people with real problems) and as your relationship with them grows you can fuse far more powerful demons to help you out in the dungeons.

Apparently Persona 5 is a bit of a departure from P3 and P4 though, it would get a bit stale if they recycled the same thing twice.

I'll put it this way, Persona 3 and 4 are probably the best RPGs of the last 15 years which is why people are excited about Persona 5.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It sounds like the worst game ever. Basically it's a JRPG mixed with randomly generated dungeons with dating sim elements.

However the whole thing just works amazingly well together with all the parts feeding into one another. The dungeons have a lot of tension to them as even the basic enemies can take your team out if you aren't prepared. The focus is on taking enemies out as fast as possible, before they can act if you can but with the distance between save points you have to really manage resources. It's backed up by the Press Turn battle system from Shin Megami Tensei which is spectacularly good and leads to very strategic fights especially boss fights where buffs and debuff use is essential.

The dating sim elements are basically choosing which classmate to hang out with but they are all well written stories (no usual moe Japanese BS, they're real people with real problems) and as your relationship with them grows you can fuse far more powerful demons to help you out in the dungeons.

Apparently Persona 5 is a bit of a departure from P3 and P4 though, it would get a bit stale if they recycled the same thing twice.

I'll put it this way, Persona 3 and 4 are probably the best RPGs of the last 15 years which is why people are excited about Persona 5.

Ill have to give it a go really..

If you have a Vita the Persona 4 port on that is basically the best thing on the system.

Ill have to give it a go really..
    If you need anymore info just ask, don't feel silly :)

If you need anymore info just ask, don't feel silly :)
    Cheers! :)
    I dont at all but its a Genre i know absolutely zero about,but had read and heard people raving about the previous Persona's,i love the look of this,the Manga style animation so it looks like one to jump into..

Cheers! :)
    I dont at all but its a Genre i know absolutely zero about,but had read and heard people raving about the previous Persona's,i love the look of this,the Manga style animation so it looks like one to jump into..
    I can say I'd play P3 FES before P4 unless you're playing portable it isn't too much of a jump back.
    P3 has a few movies and P4 has 2 anime.
    Shin Megami Tensei IV is good too if you have a 3DS, instead of the dating part you're collecting demons.
    There's a JRPG topic on gaming genre.
    I'm wondering if you've never played an RPG should you start even more simple and play Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, it's really short and simple but on that topic they might have a better suggestion.

I'm wondering if you've never played an RPG should you start even more simple and play Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, it's really short and simple but on that topic they might have a better suggestion.

Ive played RPG's but not Japanese ones,and im on PS4 only..

Ah I get you now, sorry for the mix up. Can you get PS2 classics through PSN? I haven't one myself so I never remember

• Advertisement

Grab yourself a second hand pstv for €40 in CEX. You can get Persona 4 Golden for €10 on psn. You will also be able to play Persona 3 Portable on it. You will need a vita memory card though as the pstv only has 1GB internal memory. An 8GB card can be gotten for €15 in CEX, I personally wouldn't go for anything smaller.

Also base.com have relisted the P5 CE for £70 if anyone missed it the first time.

Advertisement