Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Persona 5 has been delayed until April 4th

on the plus side it will now be dual audio, you can now switch to japanese voice overs via free dlc that will be available at launch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I am more than happy to wait a few extra weeks for dual language audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And the girlfriends of nerds around the world breath a sigh of relief that it's going to miss Valentines day.

This is a pretty big deal since it's the first time Atlus are offering dual language, although I actually really like the effort Atlus put into their English dubs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anytime I buy a new jrpg these day, I always turn on the Japanese voice over with English subs, some of the dubd are painful too listen too and sound terrible.

• Advertisement

Atlus are meant to have gone above and beyond with the quality of the Japanese VA's, so happy with the announcement, same as Sephiroth it has to be Japanese voice over with English subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I saw this on my timeline but I don't want to get hype lol.
    11 Minutes of English Persona 5 Gameplay Footage via GameSpot

http://personacentral.com/11-minutes-english-persona-5-gameplay-footage-via-gamespot/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme

Cina wrote: »
    Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme
    17kl55udak946jpg.jpg

It's a bit late
    16684313_1348729871817019_1999366068280069808_n.png.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=d302597002cc88f022bdaa05825ec30e&oe=593DA857

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Considering Persona 3 and 4 were far and away the best RPGs of the last 15 years and Atlus has been creating nothing but amazing RPGs outside of Persona there should be no tempted about it!

Trying to avoid stuff about it to go in blind as possible, it's tough but it's nearly out so I just about managed, it's nearly here! Can't wait.
    I managed to go in blind with Breath of the Wild, played it at a friends last weekend and it felt amazing, I knew nothing.
    Can anyone remember where the anime is in the timeline to the P5 game? If it's before I might give it a watch that week. Afraid to look myself.

Trying to avoid stuff about it to go in blind as possible, it's tough but it's nearly out so I just about managed, it's nearly here! Can't wait.
    I managed to go in blind with Breath of the Wild, played it at a friends last weekend and it felt amazing, I knew nothing.
    Can anyone remember where the anime is in the timeline to the P5 game? If it's before I might give it a watch that week. Afraid to look myself.

The Day Breakers was just a one off special to promote the game, it does not spoil anything, previous adaptions are all self contained as well so they have nothing to do with Persona 5, thankfully Production IG is handling the cut scenes for the game and not A1.

Xenji wrote: »
    The Day Breakers was just a one off special to promote the game, it does not spoil anything, previous adaptions are all self contained as well so they have nothing to do with Persona 5, thankfully Production IG is handling the cut scenes for the game and not A1.
    Oh was only one? I thought it would be like FF15. That's grand so, thanks Xenji!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

A1 still did the Daybreakers special, which is why we're stuck with an overpriced Aniplex of America release on bluray.

I was wondering if anyone was looking for the PS4 game only. The pre-order hadn't a PS3 option and don't have a PS4 myself, I just wanted the nice stuff :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I cancelled my collectors edition a while back as I couldn't afford it ;_;

I cancelled my collectors edition a while back as I couldn't afford it ;_;
    Yeah it's expensive, I rarely pay more than €35 for games too :pac:. Kept some Christmas money for it, I've a few things coming up around the release too, otherwise I'd be the same as yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

So, I finished Yakuza 0 after 60 hours (amazing), and my next plan was ME;A, but given that it doesn't look great, I was thinking of going to Horizon instead, and eventually Persona 5 after both... until I saw the pre-reviews. This thing looks absolutely off the charts good, I can see a lot of 10/10's, I think I'll have to hold off on Horizon, not this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

The wait's starting to get painful now that it's so close

Friend tagged me on this on Facebook, I'm so jelly

Quite a few shops have broken release date in the US it seems. Several people on reddit putting up pictures of their games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Quite a few shops have broken release date in the US it seems. Several people on reddit putting up pictures of their games

Thats no good, no response from Atlus yet.

They've now put up an unboxing of the TYH edition. Can't wait.

Some people have had it since the beginning of the month, and not just the usual Middle East leaks, doubt they will change the release date though, just another 11 days to wait.

I've too many amazing games to play. I can wait!

Some people have had it since the beginning of the month, and not just the usual Middle East leaks, doubt they will change the release date though, just another 11 days to wait.
    I'll have to wait a bit to swap or trade in the PS4 for the PS3 version. No biggie, it'll be worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The street date is being broken all over the place in the US. Has anyone managed to get a copy in Ireland yet?

The street date is being broken all over the place in the US. Has anyone managed to get a copy in Ireland yet?
    Not that I heard so far or any peeps I know in the UK either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Frankly I'd be semi-surprised to see it in Irish shops even after release date :cool:

Advertisement