Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Frankly I'd be semi-surprised to see it in Irish shops even after release date :cool:

GameStop are stocking it including selling out of the TYH edition at their usual €20 above rrp mark up on CEs making it €110.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Getting it on base.com. Ordering through Parcel motel which should speed things up hopefully?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

megaten wrote: »
    Getting it on base.com. Ordering through Parcel motel which should speed things up hopefully?

Base are normally quick for me anyways ,would be just wasting extra money using pm

johnf26 wrote: »
    Base are normally quick for me anyways ,would be just wasting extra money using pm

Most of us ordered the CE from Base as it was £70. We then availed of the free UK shipping to PM/PW as shipping to Ireland was about €10 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Went the Prime/PM route for the CE, a little dearer after the discount, but should hopefully have it on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Juriga

I went into gamestop today to ask about the collectors edition i had it pre-ordered last year in november but the guy told me they won't be getting any of the take your heart edition for some reason.

Some sites in the UK still seem to have it so if anyone really wants it i do think the UK is more dependable probably won't have it on tuesday but i've waited years anyway i can wait a bit more i guess.

Juriga wrote: »
    I went into gamestop today to ask about the collectors edition i had it pre-ordered last year in november but the guy told me they won't be getting any of the take your heart edition for some reason.

Some sites in the UK still seem to have it so if anyone really wants it i do think the UK is more dependable probably won't have it on tuesday but i've waited years anyway i can wait a bit more i guess.

That sucks about GS orders, same happened to me a few years ago with the CE for the Tomb Raider reboot. Check quickly, the Take Your Heart is sold out pretty much everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Juriga

That sucks about GS orders, same happened to me a few years ago with the CE for the Tomb Raider reboot. Check quickly, the Take Your Heart is sold out pretty much everywhere.
    Yep i checked and ShopTo apparently has some my preorder has been confirmed so i assume they must have some in stock i've heard good things about ShopTo never ordered before but i can wait a few more days to play the game so no biggie just hopeful that i get the CE.

Amazon have started cancelling a number of orders for the Steelbook and Take Your Heart editions in the US due to a stock defect.

Edit - It has been cleared up now, but very odd from Amazon.
    We recently learned that we incorrectly canceled your order and sent you an inaccurate message about the goods being considered dangerous. This item is available and eligible to ship to you should you decide to purchase again. We’re very sorry this happened.

Xenji wrote: »
    Amazon have started cancelling a number of orders for the Steelbook and Take Your Heart editions in the US due to a stock defect.

We recently learned that we incorrectly canceled your order and sent you an inaccurate message about the goods being considered dangerous. This item is available and eligible to ship to you should you decide to purchase again. We’re very sorry this happened.
    No, it is because they f**ked up and cancelled orders due to "dangerous contents" meaning they couldn't ship them. Someone pressed the wrong button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Just incase anyone is short a copy, give here a try maybe it might help
    https://m.pricespy.co.uk/search/persona%25205

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

So, the chances of picking this up in Argos are slim, yeah?

Benzino wrote: »
    So, the chances of picking this up in Argos are slim, yeah?

It's available on the UK site, so I would say odds are slim but not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It's available on the UK site, so I would say odds are slim but not impossible.

Thanks, I will wait it out so, hopefully they have some. Might just get it on PSN otherwise.

Xenji wrote: »

Seems Amazon have more than fixed it, anyone whose steelbook launch edition was affected received a $5 voucher and anyone whose TYH edition was cancelled will be receiving it free of charge.

Seems Amazon have more than fixed it, anyone whose steelbook launch edition was affected received a $5 voucher and anyone whose TYH edition was cancelled will be receiving it free of charge.

Must be wary about getting more backlash and bad press like they did over Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

just got my email from videogamesplus that my copy has been shipped, hopefully it will be here soon so i wont have to go outside and enjoy the spring weather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Embargo lifts today, doesn't it?

Expecting 90+ on Metacritic for this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Until jim sterling ****s it up ☺

Cina wrote: »
    Embargo lifts today, doesn't it?

Expecting 90+ on Metacritic for this.

Embargo is up at 17.00 GMT, but they usually start popping up a few hours before that.

• Advertisement

Looks like it's decent?

IGN - 9.7
    A gorgeous, vibrant world and captivating story make Persona 5 a new gold standard for Japanese RPGs.

Gamespot - 9
    It's a refined, effortlessly stylish RPG that will be talked about for years to come.

Polygon - 9
    PERSONA 5 IS AN EXCELLENT, STYLISH ENTRY INTO THE NEXT GENERATION FOR ATLUS' BIGGEST FRANCHISE

Eurogamer - essential
    Beautiful, badass and audacious, Persona 5 is going to steal your heart.

Metro - 9
    One of the best role-playing games ever made, Japanese or otherwise, and beyond that simply one of the most stylishly told interactive stories you’ll ever experience.

Daily Star
    Sony PS4 exclusive is the best JRPG ever made

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The reviews are out.

It's apparently excellent.

I would imagine most people clicking into this thread probably didn't need to be told that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

2017 is quickly becoming one of the best gaming years in recent memory, my backlog is crying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Whens it out here?

I've never played persona before, whats it similar to? or world of its own?

Is each game a fresh new story? can i just jump in?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

nix wrote: »
    Whens it out here?

Tuesday!

Imagine a JRPG blended with a dating / Japanese high school simulator but significantly better and more interesting than that suggests. Now filter that by way of a Saul Bass style sense of style and you're part of the way there.

Yep, main series games are always standalone (although there were two Persona 2s). Only thing that will might prove a bit confusing at first is the usual Shin Megami Tensei terminology for spells and the like. But you'll be throwing around dias, agis and mabufus before you know it.

94 on Metacritic. Good Lord, this is gonna be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Been waiting for this game since it was announced and these reviews just get me sooo itching!!!! Unfortunately I'll have to wait until May to play because of college :(
    Whens it out here?

I started with Persona 3 Portable and my biggest recommendation would be just to have some background knowledge of the spells, not a necessity though it just helped me a lot :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Turns out I never cancelled my order from VGP

godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

can i just jump in?
    If you're thinking of playing others first, I heard people having trouble going from 4 back to 3. If you decide to play the others I'd stick with Portable P3 and not PS2 P3 if you do, portable let's you control party members.
    They both took me about 90 hours they're pretty long but I didn't feel it much, took a break every now and again to play platforms.

• Advertisement

cinnamony wrote: »
    my biggest recommendation would be just to have some background knowledge of the spells, not a necessity though it just helped me a lot :)
    I had a way to remember them but forgot it, like garu - gale

Advertisement