Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

€70 is the rrp, its the same price on PSN. Argos may still get it in though as it is listed on the UK site, catalogue number is 521/2288.

Are the catalogue numbers the same on both Irish and UK?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Paleblood wrote: »
    That's the good news. The bad news is that I'm getting my ass handed to me by Yukiko. The combat and strategy is just so new to me. I really should have started it on easy. So I'm gonna put it aside for now. Two Persona games on the go at the same time will be too much, do I'll fire up 5 on Tuesday and then hopefully come back to Golden in a few months.

Just have Chie block constantly just before Yukiko's health gets about halfway as she starts using that fire attack then. She is a liability in that fight. If Yukiko gets the fire attack off and it hits chie due to her weakness she will get another turn and likely wipe the party out. If you block it negates her weakness and she won't get the extra attack.

Normal is the best way to play. Shin Megami Tensei games are not about level grinding or using the most powerful attacks all the time, they are about fighting smart. If you've grown up on the likes of simplistic battle systems like the Final Fantasy games then it can be rough in the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

€70 is the rrp, its the same price on PSN. Argos may still get it in though as it is listed on the UK site, catalogue number is 521/2288.

Thank you!

Yeah argos and smyths charge alot less than gamestop, you go to gamestop you're paying €15 more than everywhere else. No idea why people go to gamestop, baffles the mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just have Chie block constantly just before Yukiko's health gets about halfway as she starts using that fire attack then. She is a liability in that fight. If Yukiko gets the fire attack off and it hits chie due to her weakness she will get another turn and likely wipe the party out. If you block it negates her weakness and she won't get the extra attack.

Normal is the best way to play. Shin Megami Tensei games are not about level grinding or using the most powerful attacks all the time, they are about fighting smart. If you've grown up on the likes of simplistic battle systems like the Final Fantasy games then it can be rough in the beginning.

Cheers for that.

My problem is I never grew up with any battle system! I'm 7 hours in and that's the longest I've ever put into a JRPG.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cheers for that.

My problem is I never grew up with any battle system! I'm 7 hours in and that's the longest I've ever put into a JRPG.

Buffs and Debuffs are important especially agility ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

nix wrote: »
    Thank you!

Yeah argos and smyths charge alot less than gamestop, you go to gamestop you're paying €15 more than everywhere else. No idea why people go to gamestop, baffles the mind.

I mostly buy digital these days but otherwise I have no problem buying from Gamestop.

Everytime a new game is released you've got guys on her stressing about it arriving on time, or credit voucher this, Parcel Motel that. All for the sake of 10 or 15 quid. Honestly, I'd pay twice that just to not have to be a part of that circus (FIFA is the worst every year!)

If for some reason I need a physical copy I drive to Gamestop and buy it. It's about a 15 minute round trip from where I live. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Cheers for that.

Persona is all about planning. Just take your time and think things through. I memorise enemy weaknesses for each dungeon. Early game is the hardest, so try to conserve your SP. If you can finish off an enemy with just physical attacks, do, and spread your spells - if an enemy is weak to Garu get Yosuke to cast, not you. Try to fuse some good Personas - the ones with Auto- skills make life a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

That's the good news. The bad news is that I'm getting my ass handed to me by Yukiko. The combat and strategy is just so new to me. I really should have started it on easy. So I'm gonna put it aside for now. Two Persona games on the go at the same time will be too much, do I'll fire up 5 on Tuesday and then hopefully come back to Golden in a few months.
    What gryfothegreat said.
    Don't get disheartened, it's always really hard at the start. Sometimes it's better to just level up a little bit and get a better persona, watch out for debuff / buff skills.
    Maybe copy your game into second save slot and experiment with persona and stuff. That way you're not trying to catch up if it doesn't work out.

What are people thinking of naming their Jokers? Manga Joker is called Kurusu Akira (Akira being the first name) so I'm tempted to go all in on the references and name mine Kaneda Tetsuo...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Amazon UK have the TYH back in stock, costs £82 inc Irish VAT and shipping.

• Advertisement

What are people thinking of naming their Jokers? Manga Joker is called Kurusu Akira (Akira being the first name) so I'm tempted to go all in on the references and name mine Kaneda Tetsuo...
    Larry TheLooter jkjk.
    Like I said a few pages/posts back I usually use Mamoru (protect) if I'm not feeling the default name and I'm not. Probably look up name meanings and see what I feel. Maybe use some kinda pun name, like something from Phoenix Wright.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My copy is with DHL :3

My copy is with DHL :3

My copy from Base just dispatched. Hopefully DPD will deliver it via Parcel Wizard tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Amazon have dispatched my TYH edition, looks like I will not get my hands on it till Wednesday though.

Waiting on the courier at the moment... which is annoying because I'll have to work this time back up and I won't be able to play this anyway until I finish all the other great game sin my backlog!

Littlewoods are stocking the steelbook edition for €60 if anyone is looking for it for a bit cheaper than GameStop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Waiting on the courier at the moment... which is annoying because I'll have to work this time back up and I won't be able to play this anyway until I finish all the other great game sin my backlog!

Just bump it up to the top of the que?

Right this way Mr Persona 5 :pac:

My copy from Base just dispatched. Hopefully DPD will deliver it via Parcel Wizard tomorrow.
    I was just under the amount, so emailed them and I'd to run into the bank awhile ago. Hopefully it'll go through or I'll have to go look for another.

I was just under the amount, so emailed them and I'd to run into the bank awhile ago. Hopefully it'll go through or I'll have to go look for another.

If you do end up needing to go elsewhere Amazon UK and Amazon France have had copies pop up intermittently all day.

Well courier didn't arrive. Thanks for wasting 2 hours of my life I now have to work up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did you go for the collectors edition?

If you do end up needing to go elsewhere Amazon UK and Amazon France have had copies pop up intermittently all day.
    Thanks for that! Fingers crossed, it wasn't that long after they emailed I fixed it. Just an automatic payment I forgot about, whoops.
    Did you go for the collectors edition?
    Yeah I did. They said they'd try it again and will email again later, waiting is killing me.

Thanks for that! Fingers crossed, it wasn't that long after they emailed I fixed it. Just an automatic payment I forgot about, whoops.

Yeah I did. They said they'd try it again and will email again later, waiting is killing me.

Well I hope you get sorted!

Well I hope you get sorted!
    Thanks, light a candle for me :pac:
    If it doesn't I'm sure I'll find another. I'm just mad to play it at all at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PowerTaxi

Midnight is so close and yet so far away.

Seems like its Persona week for me. P3 Movie 2 arrived for me today.
    413667.jpg

Mine just shipped with i-parcel, due to arrive today week. I haven't heard of them before and their tracking website isn't working for me. Has anyone had any luck with them before?

Mine just shipped with i-parcel, due to arrive today week. I haven't heard of them before and their tracking website isn't working for me. Has anyone had any luck with them before?

That's UPS I think.

That's UPS I think.

It is UPS, but is fulfilled here by Fastway as opposed to by UPS themselves.

• Advertisement

Seems like its Persona week for me. P3 Movie 2 arrived for me today.
    No way, what region is the DVD? I'd like to pick those up myself.

Advertisement