Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No way, what region is the DVD? I'd like to pick those up myself.

They're currently being released in the UK, one each month since March, so the BD and dvds are region B/2. They're available in standard dvd edition and bd/dvd collectors edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Only for Nintendo but it's an incredible game.

The switch looks like an incredible console too so I'll probably pick it up after a while when there's a price drop (cause I'm frugal like that :pac:)
    He's a great VA, the video is the best part xD it's too cute.
    Have you see the P3 movies yet?
    I still need to see the others, I only saw the first.

Indeed him and Junpei are the best I love how he's so serious but Junpei manages to pull him into his mischiefs XDD

Of course I have!! I'm actually going to rewatch them today after I finish some work, I have also watched the Persona 4 animations have you seen those? Some parts are hilarious!
    What are people thinking of naming their Jokers? Manga Joker is called Kurusu Akira (Akira being the first name) so I'm tempted to go all in on the references and name mine Kaneda Tetsuo...

I was gonna name him Vincent after the protagonist from 'Catherine' because P5's protag looks like he could be his younger brother :D
    But when they released his ''official'' name and it turned out to be Akira I changed my mind, absolutely looooove that name and its a really cool name for a phantom thief!

Also guys I'm like a clingy girlfriend checking her phone every 5 seconds 'Is it shipped yet? Is it shipped yet?' :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It's so beautiful. Like, it just oozes style.

Loving it already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well got my copy. Fighting the temptation to start it until I've at least finished neir and DS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

cinnamony wrote: »
    The switch looks like an incredible console too so I'll probably pick it up after a while when there's a price drop (cause I'm frugal like that :pac:)

Indeed him and Junpei are the best I love how he's so serious but Junpei manages to pull him into his mischiefs XDD

Of course I have!! I'm actually going to rewatch them today after I finish some work, I have also watched the Persona 4 animations have you seen those? Some parts are hilarious!

Also guys I'm like a clingy girlfriend checking her phone every 5 seconds 'Is it shipped yet? Is it shipped yet?' :pac::pac:
    I only got my Wiiu lately for 160, wouldn't get a Switch til it goes down a lot, plus tons of games will be out lol.

Boys will be boys I suppose lol. That's very true, there's great moments between them.

P4 anime, yep! Wasn't there a P4 Golden anime? With the new social link and the ski trip? I haven't played Golden but I might watch it

I'm also clingy girlfriending, it's still pending, it doesn't look like they've tried but it's not cancelled either. Much limbo.

• Advertisement

I only got my Wiiu lately for 160, wouldn't get a Switch til it goes down a lot, plus tons of games will be out lol.

Boys will be boys I suppose lol. That's very true, there's great moments between them.

P4 anime, yep! Wasn't there a P4 Golden anime? With the new social link and the ski trip? I haven't played Golden but I might watch it

I'm also clingy girlfriending, it's still pending, it doesn't look like they've tried but it's not cancelled either. Much limbo.

Yes there was a P4 Golden anime, it completely ignores the main story and shoehorns Marie into the social link stories.

Yes there was a P4 Golden anime, it completely ignores the main story and shoehorns Marie into the social link stories.
    No way? I know people that really liked her but can't really trust them lol. I couldn't think of Marie's name I was calling her Julie! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just an FYI, Argos do have it, you just have to search for "Persona". Searching for "Persona 5" does not return it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Does this feature turn based combat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Does this feature turn based combat?

Yes.

Paleblood wrote: »
    Yes.

Thanks. I'll pass so. Not my thing.

Is it action-RPGs you're after? Have you considered Nier: Automata?

Horizon Zero Dawn also has truly fantastic combat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shame you have a stigma against turn based combat as when it's done right it's utterly fantastic and far better than any action RPG. Stuff like the Persona series and even XCOM show just how much better and ta tical turn based combat can be. It really shouldn't be judged against the likes of Final Fantasy which tends to be a slof with little in the way of actual tactics compared to how fast paced Persona is.

Yes and no not tried that. I generally into horror or action games, favourites would be things like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Elder Scrolls, Batman Arkham, GTA, Project Zero. The only Turn based combat games i've played have been FF and South Park and I really disliked the style. Found it very boring.

I might try Nier:Automata, or Nioh. Yakuza 0 is another I want to check out.
    Shame you have a stigma against turn based combat as when it's done right it's utterly fantastic and far better than any action RPG. Stuff like the Persona series and even XCOM show just how much better and ta tical turn based combat can be. It really shouldn't be judged against the likes of Final Fantasy which tends to be a slof with little in the way of actual tactics compared to how fast paced Persona is.

So I shouldn't judge Turn Based combat on Final Fantasy and South Park. Is this (Persona) something you think could change my opinion?

So I shouldn't judge Turn Based combat on Final Fantasy and South Park. Is this (Persona) something you think could change my opinion?

I hated the South Park combat as well.

As for this changing your mind, I can't say for sure. It's definitely up at the top when it comes to turn based combat systems so if you don't like it then it really isn't for you. If you like tough games though you might get a kick out of it as a big element of the game is surviving dungeons with very little resources. It's different from FF which is generally a cake walk.

I'd actually suggest XCOM first. Everyone with a soul loves XCOM.

As for this changing your mind, I can't say for sure. It's definitely up at the top when it comes to turn based combat systems so if you don't like it then it really isn't for you. If you like tough games though you might get a kick out of it as a big element of the game is surviving dungeons with very little resources. It's different from FF which is generally a cake walk.

And you can get XCOM on sale every now and then.

I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone spend 50 or 60 quid on Persona 5 if their only experiences with turn-based combat have been negative. It's too much money. Check out some footage of the combat and maybe pick it up later in the year when the price drops.

Xcom added to the shopping list for this week. It's a much cheaper way of finding out if Turn Based Combat is for me. Plan on getting 3 or 4 games this week, funds permitting. Xcom can be bought for €17 which is an ok price to pay if it turns out not to be for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Would it be wise to pick this up soon? Could this be hard to find eventually?

It's decently priced in Argos at the moment.

Yes and no not tried that. I generally into horror or action games, favourites would be things like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Elder Scrolls, Batman Arkham, GTA, Project Zero. The only Turn based combat games i've played have been FF and South Park and I really disliked the style. Found it very boring.

I might try Nier:Automata, or Nioh. Yakuza 0 is another I want to check out.

Based on those three games Horizon is the one for you. I'm not suggesting they're similar in terms of gameplay, but there's definitely common ground. You've got the RPG elements and fantastical setting (Elder Scrolls), sci-fi gadgetry and meaty combat (Arkham) and spontaneous destruction and general madness (GTA). You'll find a lot to love in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Would it be wise to pick this up soon? Could this be hard to find eventually?

It's decently priced in Argos at the moment.

That's what I've done. Seeing as they still haven't got any stock back in for Nier. Plan on playing it when I get done with Horizon Dawn. Poor old Zelda getting pushed further down the queue. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That's what I've done. Seeing as they still haven't got any stock back in for Nier. Plan on playing it when I get done with Horizon Dawn. Poor old Zelda getting pushed further down the queue. :pac:

It's crazy at the moment. I have Yakuza barely played, Gravity Rush 2, Danganronpa 1+2, Zelda....

...and on and on she goes. When will it stop? Nobody knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€56 in Argos but not much stock about and they only got the PS4 version on the site, might try and get this for PS3 as it would be nice to have.

I'm free from limbo!
    "We thought you would like to know that the following have been successfully processed and will shortly be dispatched"
    I think I have someone to take the PS4 version off me and can sort out a PS3 version then.
    More waiting but what can you do ╮(╯▽╰)╭

€56 in Argos but not much stock about and they only got the PS4 version on the site, might try and get this for PS3 as it would be nice to have.

GameStop seem to have a good bit of stock on PS3. They are selling it for €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I got an e-mail this morning from base.com telling me my PS3 pre-order was cancelled and Gamestop, despite their website saying it was in stock, were out too. Amazon uk apparently aren't getting any more stock in for a month (?!?) Every other site I tried either were out of stock or if they did (amazon de for example) I'd have to pay nearly 60 euro with postage added.

Luckily its being sold on the playstation Store so if you were in my position too that's an option.

I got an e-mail this morning from base.com telling me my PS3 pre-order was cancelled and Gamestop, despite their website saying it was in stock, were out too. Amazon uk apparently aren't getting any more stock in for a month (?!?) Every other site I tried either were out of stock or if they did (amazon de for example) I'd have to pay nearly 60 euro with postage added.

Luckily its being sold on the playstation Store so if you were in my position too that's an option.
    Did you try videogamesplus? I don't know if they're still running the free postage, worth a check?

• Advertisement

Plenty of stock in store on PS3.
    https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=62065&variantType=New

Advertisement