Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can whey be mixed into food?

• 26-09-2013 8:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

could I mix the whey into food rather than water. eg could I mix it up in a shepards pie if I was having that for dinner.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

It can be but depending on how high the heat goes it might congeal or curdle. I find rice, pea and hemp proteins to work better in savoury dishes. I use hemp protein to augment vegetable soups and it works very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

f140 wrote: »
    could I mix the whey into food rather than water. eg could I mix it up in a shepards pie if I was having that for dinner.

ive yet to make anything remotely tasty with whey once theres cooking involved, why ruin a good shepards pie, down it in one with water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

f140 wrote: »

You could but I don't know why you would. Wash your shepherds pie down with a protein shake rather than f**king your shepherds pie up with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Porridge, pancakes, add it to yoghurt and freeze for ice cream or eat it normally.

All delicious. Cheaper brands dont mix/heat as well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I mix it with natural Greek yogurt!! Tis very good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Nice in a bit if porridge alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you read ingredients lists you might notice its in lots of commercial products. There are lots of webpages about using it as a egg replacement in recipes.

I mix it in dry with oats and then add milk, it nicely thickens it, I do not cook this to make porridge, just eat it. I also make a sort of mousse with it, adding it to jelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

abc butter, oats, protein powder, greek yoghurt. win!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Op, the only reason to buy whey is the convenience factor. If you cooking anyway, what's the point. Just cook more protein.

Whey is for the times you don't have time to cook.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement