Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opened account--no card nor pin 10 days later!

Options
  • 26-09-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi, i opened a current account last monday which was activated on tuesday morning and i have still not received a pin nor card--how long does it take as my wages have been paid into the account and this means i cannot withdraw anything as yet!!i need to access this money!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi dongiannop,

Thanks for contacting us and welcome to Boards.

The card PIN would normally arrive within 3-5 working days and the card itself within 5-7 working days.

If you call your branch, they will be happy to look into this for you.
    A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here.

While you are waiting on your card to arrive, you can visit a Bank of Ireland branch with photo id and make a cash withdrawal.

Apologies for the delay in receiving your card and PIN.

Thanks
    Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dongiannop

Hi Billy,
    I rang my local branch where i opened the account and after 5 minutes of messages i finally got through to a person who told me the exact same as you and couldn't explain why it had not arrived. She informed me the employee who opened the account was on holiday to 30 oct and the other advisor was away from her desk,the only solution she gave me was to leave a message, which i did but got no reply.
    Since i work 8-4 mon-fri i cannot find the time to visit my branch again after taking time off to open the account.
    I personally find this service unsatisfactory and i am contemplating closing my account and taking my business elsewhere.
    regards
    Donna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Donna,

Apologies that you have had this issue when opening your account with Bank of Ireland. We don't have account access here, if you would like to send us a pm with your full name, contact number and branch you opened the account in, we will send it on to get it looked into. The link to send a pm is underneath this message.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement