Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity supplier, who do you prefer.

Options
  • 26-09-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted to death before. I'm with Bord Gas for the past four years and would like to change. I was thinking of returning to ESB but would like to hear what others have to say before I do.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Check out bonkers.ie for impartial advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you having problems with bills, or is it just a price thing?

It all comes from the same place, and if you have an outage its esb neworks that sort it, so the only difference with the supplies apart from a small price difference is customer service, like if you have a billing problem and how they deal with it.

If you bills are to high then you need to look at reducing consumption as changing suppliers wont fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭azul

Has anyone any experience with www.prepaid.ie It's a pay as you go service with a smart reader which tells you how much you use and past bills at the press of a button. They charge around 35c per day on top of standing charge and usage. A friend who swears by them says she uses less electricity despite the extra charge. Hmmmm!!

Advertisement