Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A PT Course/Fitness School

• 26-09-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

So a mate of mine is expressing interest in doing something along the lines of PT/gym instructor and I said I'd stick a thread up here for a few answers.

I know a few-

LIA.
    Image Fit.
    Profi-fitness.

Anyone got anymore? Reviews of them, recommendations etc.. are greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Can%20of%20worms.jpg

edit to add something constructive: If your friend is already knowledgeable in matters of health and fitness then choosing the cheapest fastest one which gives the access to insurance is the way to go. If not then LIA look like they have good facilities not sure on the others or what the actual course is like at LIA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

I did my gym instructor/ PT course last year with Litton Lane/ ITEC. Wasn't too pushed on the course at all. It's more aimed at people who have absolutely no knowledge of gyms or training. It's a great little starter course for people who aren't familiar with training/gym.

The location and hours suited me as they are the primary reasons why I chose it, but I can honestly say I learnt absolutely nothing from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

gymfreak wrote: »
    I did my gym instructor/ PT course last year with Litton Lane/ ITEC. Wasn't too pushed on the course at all. It's more aimed at people who have absolutely no knowledge of gyms or training. It's a great little starter course for people who aren't familiar with training/gym.

The location and hours suited me as they are the primary reasons why I chose it, but I can honestly say I learnt absolutely nothing from it.

Cheers for the review:)

Doesn't sound great at all.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

edit to add something constructive: If your friend is already knowledgeable in matters of health and fitness then choosing the cheapest fastest one which gives the access to insurance is the way to go. If not then LIA look like they have good facilities not sure on the others or what the actual course is like at LIA.

Cheers Emmet. He'd be knowledgeable but would like to start fresh:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

gymfreak wrote: »

I did the same course in Galway. Content was woeful but like Gymfreak said it's time suited me so it was grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement